Developers, How Did You Get Stared?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by orangechoochoo, Aug 24, 2012.

1. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm curious, we have a bunch of great developers here and I've always wondered how you guys got into developing roms & hacks for the Android OS?

I'm leaving this question somewhat open-ended to not limit the responses because you guys probably have a nice story to share.

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Good question. Interested to hear some answers as well. I know it's a very time consuming process as well, so how the heck did you guys find the time outside of whatever else it is you do?

3. ambrown

ambrown Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm interested in learning how to hack and make ROMs myself. I have stared using Linux Mint lately too. I'm just curious how everything works and am interested in learning to program as well.

A few of goals I have are to code my own app for Android. Make a ROM for Android. Learn programming in general. Someday when my knowledge is sufficient I want to take a crack at making my own Linux distro, or maybe even a whole new OS. I'm certainly interested in how others got into hacking/modding/coding and any tips they might have for an aspiring hacker/modder/coder.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums