Developers, How Did You Get Stared?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I'm curious, we have a bunch of great developers here and I've always wondered how you guys got into developing roms & hacks for the Android OS?

I'm leaving this question somewhat open-ended to not limit the responses because you guys probably have a nice story to share.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good question. Interested to hear some answers as well. I know it's a very time consuming process as well, so how the heck did you guys find the time outside of whatever else it is you do?

ambrown

Reaction score
I'm interested in learning how to hack and make ROMs myself. I have stared using Linux Mint lately too. I'm just curious how everything works and am interested in learning to program as well.

A few of goals I have are to code my own app for Android. Make a ROM for Android. Learn programming in general. Someday when my knowledge is sufficient I want to take a crack at making my own Linux distro, or maybe even a whole new OS. I'm certainly interested in how others got into hacking/modding/coding and any tips they might have for an aspiring hacker/modder/coder.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums