Developer: What do you want from a private communications app?

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys, im one of the developers at Fahrbot. We make a bunch of useful apps in the Communications category.

At the moment we are working on a root enabled app designed for private, secure communications over cell networks.

App thread is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...1-app-private-place-secure-sms-mms-calls.html

This app, in current form, does the following:
  • clears all system logs pertaining to individual numbers
  • imports these logs to the app interface
  • removes traces from all 3rd party sms/mms apps
  • rejects incoming calls silently or overlays an obfuscated lockscreen
What i and all the staff are looking for are some suggestions for basic functionality because we are not for example philanderers keeping our mistresses secret or heavily in dept and keeping our bank messages secured. Thats not to say that we dont have our own vices :)

Please bear in mind that this is not going to be a VOIP solution like Skype or MJ. At the moment it works only with normal cellular coms.

Essentially, it sweeps the various system logs (the frequent call list and the call, SMS and MMS logs and data) after obfuscating or rejecting events from secured contacts. It also keeps its own encrypted logs and cloud backups (currently Google Drive and Dropbox).

The app is about to be released, but id like to double check if there are some basic functions we may have omitted.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Err - lots of views but no comments :)

Don't be afraid guys, just speak your mind!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I like the idea, I need a good call blocker to use while in class. Right now I use mr number and sometimes it doesn't catch every call. If this app successfully blocks all calls then I'm a happy camper. :D

Sent from my rooted SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I like the idea, I need a good call blocker to use while in class. Right now I use mr number and sometimes it doesn't catch every call. If this app successfully blocks all calls then I'm a happy camper. :D

Sent from my rooted SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well, we already make two call blockers (Root Call Blocker and Call Master) that are of considerably higher quality than Mr number... This app only employs blocking, it is not for blocking calls as such.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Well, we already make two call blockers (Root Call Blocker and Call Master) that are of considerably higher quality than Mr number... This app only employs blocking, it is not for blocking calls as such.

Oh okay, im going to go download root call blocker right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh okay, im going to go download root call blocker right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Seeps the China man is a spammer, pay no attention, we are not live.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any new ideas for Private Place?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maybe not guarantee, but certainly if the data is highly encrypted, and with a changing hashcode that's transmitted through an alternate communication line, it would be extremely difficult to decipher.

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
if the data is highly encrypted, and with a changing hashcode that's transmitted through an alternate communication line, it would be extremely difficult to decipher.
I'll agree with you on this. But won't such apps cost a pretty penny?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not necessarily...there are plenty of public domain encryption engines that operate with 256 bit protection and better. I've seen 1024 bit protection for free out there. If the Developer wants to include such encryption, other than development and testing (not saying this part is either easy or can be done quickly but...), it should be easily implemented. I'd really like one that uses an automatically generated encryption key - perhaps using the atomic clock for date and time as the seed value for the encryption, that can be sent via another communication method, such as a text message on a third party server (i.e. Textfree for instance), or the key could be sent via the internet to a desktop PC. It could also be encoded into a picture (image of the text, or even hidden in the picture), for circumvention of electronic capture.

For the most secure method, the key could be sent via a computer generated voicemail message, or it could be a word or phrase that both parties agree upon prior to encryption so that there is virtually no way to intercept the seed and build the key.

I know...way overboard, FoxKat. But if I want it, I want it. :icon_ lala: