Developer is not ethical!

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by PhoneSter, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoneSter

PhoneSter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    **Removed **
    cause the guy is a wack job and I do not want to be bothered again from the nerd
    All I did is post a comment (in the market place) how the program really is and he sends me a nasty email.
    The jist of what this email was.. The developer marks all his bad ratings as spam to remove them... what a great way to keep a 5 star rating

#1 PhoneSter, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This reminds me of the old Ebay system where a buyer would leave negative feedback due to an issue related to a seller or a purchase. The seller would then go bash the buyer and give them negative feedback making the buyer look bad after they were the issue.

I think that the policy for feedback should be only user based (sellers not allowed to mark it as spam, delete, or change in anyway. Nor should they be allowed to put feedback on their own APPS.

3. MarkDF

MarkDF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been a software developer for over 25 years, and I'd have to say that the attitude of the developer in the paragraph above (it didn't happen to me therefore it can't happen) is a VERY immature developer attitude. Contrast this with the developers that will respond with questions about how to duplicate the problems, updates and fixes, a willingness to improve their app. Don't know what app they're selling, but I wouldn't buy it.

4. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had a similar response from a well known app's developer. Was having an issue. Emailed. Was sent a flame-filled response to a question. Told me I was a moron and didn't know how to use my phone. English was horrible, and totally off point, so I just chalked it up to a language barrier thing.

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just another example of why Google needs to start getting control over their market place. It's one thing to be 'open' but it's completely counterproductive to be open to the point where there is so little order and discipline from the developers (and the users at many time, though not in this instance). Being that the Market is a driving factor of the Android platform they really need to start putting effort into making it more functional.

6. Chris1

Chris1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love how the original email got removed by the mod, then quoted in full in the second message :icon_ banana:

7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    That edit was by the OP...

8. vikasnshah

vikasnshah New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right... so, I'm the developer of this app. Let me state for the record:

a) The OP never emailed me, either when he was having problems or in response to the emails that I sent to him. Instead, he just flamed me in the comments section of my app. Communication is a two way street.
    b) His is the only comment I have removed. There *are* derogatory remarks about my apps left standing - things that were true at the time that they were written.
    c) I am constantly improving, overhauling, fixing bugs, and adding features to the app; you can see this from the changelog on my website Android Apps (www)
    d) I am very responsive to emails about problems with my app; no email to me from a user generally goes unanswered for more than 4 hours.
    e) I marked the comment as spam because I know the app was uninstalled from his device without the hard reset. How do I know? Because he got a refund of his money. If he couldn't uninstall it without the hard reset, he would have had to email me to get a refund.
    f) Devs out there: what would you do if you got flamed with a charge that is on its face ludicrous? All over the web?

Vikas Shah

9. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dude's got a point.

10. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    @vikasnshah

i would have to say that marking that comment as spam wasnt totally legit to do since it didnt really fit under the "spam" definition

"Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately."

but i do agree the uninstall issue had nothing to do with your app, ive read many comment of different apps with people that have that problem. im almost 100% sure its just a glitch on their system and not the app in question itself

11. vikasnshah

vikasnshah New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, I actually debated with myself for a while about whether or not it was OK to do this. Unfortunately, there is no option to 'Mark as Inaccurate Flame' :)

12. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    well now. this is a lovely thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

which is better astro file manager or ethics