Developer Claims That Rooting Google Glass Will Be Easy!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Apr 26, 2013.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239

If Google Glass retains its hefty price tag I doubt if I'll ever get to try it out. For those of you fortunate enough to get your hands on them there is good news from developer "Liam McLoughlin @Hexxeh". Playing around with his device he discovered that there is a debug mode that allows for ADB access. He also tweeted that root would be easy.

This is pretty exciting who knows what kind of creativity can happen on such a device with an unlocked bootloader and root. I seriously doubt we would see a Cyanogen port on Google Glass but who knows what kind of neat apps developers will be able to come up with. This good news comes about a year before Google Glass will be released for consumers. Who knows by then it could be more secure.

Via AndroidAuthority

2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    not sure how I feel about this... security issues (as with any rooted/unlocked device), as well as the benefits that would come of it... The UI is probably going to be so minimal, would you even need a "Rom" on it? And have/will they release 100% of the source for Glass too? That would make a huge difference in the possibilities.

3. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Aren't the Glasses out now developer/beta-esque models? If that's the case, wouldn't it be obvious that achieving root and unlocking the bootloader would be quite simple?