Dev server ota file: Use caution if rooted repost

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think I'm going to hold off myself. The real update may be close, and I don't want to get stuck with this update. The possibility is real. Plus, with ice cream sandwich on the horizon I really don't want to be stuck here. Sounds like the update is real nice though, and believe me when I say the temptation is there…

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Pretty sure we won't be stuck and it's going to be a while before we get ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure have. Haven't had any problems with it..

I go to my computer > removable disk k > and then are my files are here. But, I only see sdcard. I tried putting it into sdcard, but when I went into recovery, selected install update from sdcard, no update.zip was there. Do I need to extract anything first.. or what.

Or

Computer > Moto J > and then there's no sdcard even listed in this one.

doobie711

Reaction score
did the update break anyone else's recovery image. mine is crapped out. says something about "boot failure" "invalid CG Version" (CG: recovery) and it won't boot into recovery. i need an sbf soon.

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
Xlaim
Pretty sure we won't be stuck and it's going to be a while before we get ICS. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Did you not read op at xda this an unofficial update and there is no official sbf so if you take this you are suck… :p :icon_exclaim:

jzd5032

Reaction score
did the update break anyone else's recovery image. mine is crapped out. says something about "boot failure" "invalid CG Version" (CG: recovery) and it won't boot into recovery. i need an sbf soon.
My recovery still works with the update. Haven't experienced a single issue with this update...yet!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Xlaim Did you not read op at xda this an unofficial update and there is no official sbf so if you take this you are suck… :p :icon_exclaim:

You really think there will never be an SBF when every other phone has had one? There's not one at the moment, but the update works better than what other people are running now so I don't mind not being able to go back to something that sucks compared to what I currently have. I would think there would be an SBF before ICS comes out, plus I'm pretty sure one of the soak testers will put the update they get out anyway. I'm definitely not worried.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You really think there will never be an SBF when every other phone has had one? There's not one at the moment, but the update works better than what other people are running now so I don't mind not being able to go back to something that sucks compared to what I currently have. I would think there would be an SBF before ICS comes out, plus I'm pretty sure one of the soak testers will put the update they get out anyway. I'm definitely not worried.

I agree, we'll get .sbf, i cant see why we wouldn't.

And my update ran perfectly once i finally figured out how to get it into my recovery right.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

VandVisX

Reaction score

I am having the same problem, but simply freeing up space in system doesn't seem to be working. Or maybe I still don't have enough space freed. How much free space do you need to boot into recovery? Currently I have 54/310MB. I also tried the thing mentioned ni the post about adb pushing the install-recovery.sh to /system/etc, but that didn't help (and wasn't surprising since they looked identical to me).

EDIT: Also went back and pushed recovery-from-boot.p from the update to /system and then re-ran the install-recover.sh from an adb shell and am able to get into the recovery partition.