tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nope, nada :( I looked in system/app to be sure and it is Talk2.apk :(

Just went through the update process again. No change to gtalk.
Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Strange. Start Talk and hit menu then "more" and see if anything there does it. I was looking for a setting so had checked there....but when I went to change my status from Invisible to Available I noticed right there in the center of the screen was a checked box that said "allow Video and voice chats"

Tepes

Reaction score
Strange. Start Talk and hit menu then "more" and see if anything there does it. I was looking for a setting so had checked there....but when I went to change my status from Invisible to Available I noticed right there in the center of the screen was a checked box that said "allow Video and voice chats"

Oh, I fixed it in the most ridiculous way possible. Went into system/app, tapped Talk2.apk and it said install, so I said what the heck and did it... now it works :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

OP
M

malaka

Reaction score
I'm looking for reports on the new OTA as well. How's it performing?

i used to have to change my battery twice a day at least with medium use...today i left for work at 8 this morning im home now at 1130 and just plugged my phone in at 5% battery, didnt have to change it once...thats texting all day, random internet use which can be kinda heavy at times...minimal streaming and no gaming...i did watch like 10 minutes on nfl mobile and that alone would usually rape my battery....the new radio update is a huge upgrade...its no longer eating half the battery and i never toggled 3g off which was required to make it past three hours before lol

i can say with confidence i am finally able to lay my D1 to rest ( which means i still use it for music since we dont have volume rocker controls yet and i change music in my pocket at work) and its still good on wifi...

but yeah thats it...if you are waiting to update just take the jump do it...do it

Big D

Reaction score
looking for some help. Power up while holding x just fine. I get the menu and can go to "apply from sd card." then I hit "ok" and nothing.

How do you select "install from sd card?"

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
looking for some help. Power up while holding x just fine. I get the menu and can go to "apply from sd card." then I hit "ok" and nothing.

How do you select "install from sd card?"

Need to put it on root of sd-ext which is an actual sd card you have to put in the phone. Recovery sdcard= sdcard-ext in android.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
not sure I understand. I've put the zip on the sdcard. I don't have an external card. The zip is on the sdcard (which is the internal one) i just can't get the phone to select the "install from sd card" option once I navigate to it. I'm hitting OK but it won't select.

OP
M

malaka

Reaction score
are you selecting with the power buttons on the top ? i think thats how i did it...

neilrl79

Reaction score
not sure I understand. I've put the zip on the sdcard. I don't have an external card. The zip is on the sdcard (which is the internal one) i just can't get the phone to select the "install from sd card" option once I navigate to it. I'm hitting OK but it won't select.

No, it has to be on SD-EXT, won't work on internal SD. I haven't done it yet but i've read a few posts about it.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, it has to be on SD-EXT, won't work on internal SD. I haven't done it yet but i've read a few posts about it.

This is correct

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
So I can't do this if I don't have a external memory card?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes that is correct. No physical sd card to put file on, this no worky.

blackbelt27

Reaction score
if your rooted and try this you have nothing to worry about unless youve done more than just remove bloatware, when you try to patch itll simply tell you what files are missing, you can go here to get them back app.zip

Big D

Reaction score
ah. figured it out.

navigate to the file you want and select it with power button. I was hitting the OK button and it wasn't working.

Now the waiting to see if the soft-brick occurs. You can cut the tension with a knife.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
Is there anyway to uninstall this or roll back? And slightly unrelated, how do we unroot? Do we just run the 1 click root program if we used that, or do we need to do some adb work? Just want to see if I can roll back easily in case something goes sideways.