Determining if my battery is defective or not?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by HikenGruven, Oct 18, 2011.

1. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Newly rooted and running CM7 obviously. Attached are screenshots of my battery. This was a day I hardly used my phone, had the screen dimmed as low as possible, yet after my battery hits about %60, it drops to 5%. It's been doing this for sometime now. I'm also using Auto Memory Manager set on Aggressive. I've done other things to such as lowing the CPU settings, using Juice Defender, etc. It's does this regardless. Are these kinds of drastic drops an indication that I have a bad battery?

View attachment 41504 View attachment 41505 View attachment 41506

2. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Looks like you need to wipe you battery stats. To do this first fully charge your phone.

Then reboot into recovery and there should be a option to wipe your battery stats.

Then just use your phone like normal and let the battery fully die. Don't plug it in until its fully dead.

Then once its dead charge it up until it fully charged and you should be good.

If that doesn't work then it might be your battery or the kernel your using.

3. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, thats not a problem with the battery, I bet you it will last awhile on 5%, its just reporting the voltages wrong, and it should be fixed by what winner said to do, if not it could be your battery.

4. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about it taking me a few days to get back to this. I've done the wipe battery stats thing before and let the phone go dead, it doesn't make a difference. I've also observed that the battery has lasted fairly long once it hits 5%, but not that much longer. My wife has the same phone and her battery life is rather stellar for so I'm going to swipe it and see what happens. I'll report back on the progress.

5. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So after using my wife's phone, I let it go dead, wiped the battery stats, charged it full, and it did the exact same thing again. I appear to have about 1 hour total of screen on time before the battery is completely dead. The phone is a refurb and it's been problematic since I received it. I'm using the kernel that comes with CM7. The only thing I changed was lowering the minimum processing speed. If anyone thinks a different kernel is preferred, let me know and I'm willing to try it. I just need to be steered towards the best resource as I don't know the first thing about them. Rooting and flashing a ROM was a whole new world for me alone. As an FYI, I'm also using Auto Memory Manager on the aggressive setting. No noticeable difference with or without it too with the battery, although I have less apps suddenly close on me though. Thanks in advance.

6. rdoane

rdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. Just bought this Droid off eBay for fun. I'm running CM7.1 stable with Chevy's 1.0 medium volt kernal. Seems that audio/video playback really cause the battery to drop off. I've wiped the stats already but I'll try again and see what happens (after killing the battery and a full charge) of course.

7. blxxlee

blxxlee New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the same issue on mine, wiped battery stats made no difference so I ended up replacing the battery and the problem was solved. Not to mention the other issues I was having like phone rebooting, hanging and stuff like that stopped with newer battery.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've tried multiple ROMs, my wife's battery, draining it and recharging it, and wiping the battery stats. Yet it still seems to his 60% and drop to 15%. No one seems to have an answer.

Search tags for this page
cell phone battery defective
defective android battery

defective cell phone battery

how do i determine if my phns bad or my battery
how to fix a dfective cell phone battery
how to know if phone battery is defective

how to tell if cell phone battery is bad

how to tell if you got a bad cell phone battery

how to tell if your android battery is bad

is my phone defective or my battery