1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Details Emerge about the Android Asus Eee Pad

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 31, 2010.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Asus, one of the premiere component manufacturers in the tech industry is gearing up to show off a new series of Eee Pads at CES next year. They have at least three models they are set to announce: the EP102, the EP121 and the EP101. The EP101 and EP102 both come with a 10" screen, and may be arriving with Honeycomb. Furthermore, one of them, the EP101, may have a detachable keyboard feature as well. The EP121 will have a 12" screen and an Intel Corei5 CPU, which makes it seem more like a Netbook than a Tablet. Looks like the Tablet/Pad market is about to get very crowded.

Source: Androidcentral
    by dgstorm
  2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

Detachable keyboard? hmmm that sounds mighty interesting...
  3. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

12" and an i5? definitely sounds like a mini laptop... Where's the line where an Android tablet should become a Chrome notebook...
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

That's what I was thinking... doesn't Google have enough fragmentation between Android devices as it is... Now they want to have another OS.... As much as I despise Apple got to admit they have a better business model here...
  5. DroidMastar2

DroidMastar2 New Member

I was just thinking as i read this... We really have to thank APple. (I would just like to point out that Steve is still a ***********) They set one hell of a standard for smartphones with the iphone, and tablets with the ipad. I mean tablets have been around for years... but now they are FIRE! I can't wait to see what comes out at CES and in 2011...