Detailed Safestrap Instructions

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Would it be ok to flash a stable rom to the unsafe side, such as eclipse 2.2? It seems like I am constantly trying out different ICS roms, but need a more stable rom for my day to day use. I figured I could keep eclipse on the unsafe side and flash different roms to the safe side. As always, I would rather be safe than sorry, just curious if anyone has ever done this before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Would it be ok to flash a stable rom to the unsafe side, such as eclipse 2.2? It seems like I am constantly trying out different ICS roms, but need a more stable rom for my day to day use. I figured I could keep eclipse on the unsafe side and flash different roms to the safe side. As always, I would rather be safe than sorry, just curious if anyone has ever done this before.

Thats how I roll.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Good, because I just installed eclipse 2.2 on my unsafe side :D

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Be extremely careful. Timmy10shoes is very skilled and has been doing this for awhile. Plus he can unbrick pretty much any bionic. One tip****do not re-install recovery on your safe side.*****

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Be extremely careful. Timmy10shoes is very skilled and has been doing this for awhile. Plus he can unbrick pretty much any bionic. One tip****do not re-install recovery on your safe side.*****

Thanks for the tip. I feel pretty confident with eclipse and safe strap. I love trying out these different ics roms but hate wiping data every time.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

camaro1173

Reaction score
Hi all I have been using safe strap for quite awhile and I am now stuck. I can not toggle out of safe mode I end up with a error saying emmc 0mb I have no idea how to fix this I did spend about a hour searching for a answer and could not find anything any and all help is welcome
Thank you in advance for help.

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Hi all I have been using safe strap for quite awhile and I am now stuck. I can not toggle out of safe mode I end up with a error saying emmc 0mb I have no idea how to fix this I did spend about a hour searching for a answer and could not find anything any and all help is welcome
Thank you in advance for help.

Sounds like you need to free up some space on your internal sd card

Ripper123

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am pleased to announce that using the moto-fastboot method restored my Bionic back to life!!!
A huge THANK YOU goes out to eye_dea and timmy10shoes for helping me through the moto-fastboot process.
I tried to use sargentmarjord's process and it failed for some reason. He figured I was "Hard Bricked".
Thanks again guys!

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am pleased to announce that using the moto-fastboot method restored my Bionic back to life!!!
A huge THANK YOU goes out to eye_dea and timmy10shoes for helping me through the moto-fastboot process.
I tried to use sargentmarjord's process and it failed for some reason. He figured I was "Hard Bricked".
Thanks again guys!

Anytime man. As always, it was our pleasure. If you ever need help, you know where to find us.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Hey timmy10shoes,
Thanks for the edited xml file, it brought my phone back to life.
I owe you one!

LordRobb621

Reaction score
I have installed safestrap per the instructions, and watched some videos of people doing it, and the one thing that my phone does not do is when switching to "Safe" mode, it just switches without backing up anything. Can anyone tell me why that would be? On all the videos that I have seen, whenever the phone is switched into safe mode, it takes a few minutes to switch bc of the backing up.