Detailed Safestrap Instructions

eye_dea

Reaction score
Tuck restored recovery and reinstalled safe strap. Installed kibitz and just couldn't find a good theme. Went back to eclipse with titanium theme. Running smoothly currently

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Good deal. Are you able to toggle back to unsafe and then back to safe mode?

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Updated the OP a bit. Please don't reinstall safestrap on the safe side and install recovery again or use the boot recovery in eclipse or the ICS roms in the power prompt.

scarinu10

Reaction score
I went to unsafe. Removed the ROM and safe strap completely. Re installed age strap then eclipse. I haven't tried to toggle. I have noneed to. Sorry should have been more clear

scarinu10

Reaction score
Ignore the other post up a couple. But I installed kin3tx. Stupid auto correct. Didn't like that ROM so I'm back on eclipse. All is going well now

eye_dea

Reaction score
Updated the OP a bit. Please don't reinstall safestrap on the safe side and install recovery again or use the boot recovery in eclipse or the ICS roms in the power prompt.

Dont let titanium backup reinstall the app?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont let titanium backup reinstall the app?

No I think he means don't "install recovery" inside the app.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

scarinu10

Reaction score
i'm trying to install ICS axiom cm9 using safestrap. it's going well. i hate my bionic, it's turned me into a rooting maniac... in 24 hours i have had eclipse, returned my phone to stock due to the issues described earlier. had kin3tx with a theme i can't remember, then back to eclipse with titanium theme, then core-droid, now to ics i go.

who should i thank for making safestrap, would that be you timmy?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hashcode. He's a member of this forum.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

rlervin

Reaction score
When backing up a rom installed on the safe system should the primary system be included in the backup? I assume not but I wasn't sure.

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
When backing up a rom installed on the safe system should the primary system be included in the backup? I assume not but I wasn't sure.
Its a matter of preference. If you do, it will give you the choose to restore the original systm when restoring your safe rom.

libertus77

Reaction score
Timmy, and I'll ask tuck mobile too, but I was just reading over op and wondering if the cache wipe can't just be removed from the steps. It's not a big deal in any case, just an extra step, as I stopped doing it when I looked and saw that /cache was formatted as part of the wipe data/factory reset step. Just a thought. Anything to streamline procedures.

Thanks to you guys for keeping this reference going!

Sent from my NookColor flavored Ice Cream Sandwich using Tapatalk

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Yeah, if you do a factory reset it formats data/cache and dalvik cache. So those steps are not needed. Some habits are hard to break. :)