Detailed Safestrap Instructions

bk1242

Reaction score
I followed the instructions on the first page several months ago and have updated my phone since then. I've lost root access and lost the option to hit the menu key to open up safestrap while my phone is booting. I'm not sure if the two are related. Now I'm trying to install the newest OTA update but it keeps failing so what I want to do is go back into safestrap and boot up into what I had saved before I messed around with rooting and deleting bloat programs. When I try to open safestrap it it force closes right away and like I said I no longer have the option while booting up to get into the safestrap menu. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks

DXjunkie

Reaction score
half bricked...

it certainly sounds as though you have a soft brick. Unless you are able to USB and extract any desirables, Your best bet may be to SFB to 4.0.4, add superuser APK, and then re-root. I'm not sure if safe strap even works with 4.0.4; and even as to why some say it is better than flashing Clock work mod. If you want to sbf the update, use the links I posted at bottom of page 15. make sure you have the correct drivers install from moto devs first.:icon_eek:

helron

Reaction score
SS11 installed last week. Did backup stock Rom via SS11.
Todaywhile preparing to install CM10.1:
1. Created a Nickname for Slot 1
2. Wiped necessary files
3. Went to SDCard and reealized that I had copied the wrong file over to the phone. DUH! Idiot me! Did I learn a good lesson, or what?!

Well, now I want to back out of SS. How can I do that safely? Can i do it safely? My phone is live and i am afraid to use a USB cable or charge it while it SS mode. And, I fear that my battery will drain quickly, and I'm fretting:-(

If i could leave the newly named Slot 1 as is CM10.1 can i just Reboot via the SS-System option. I tried and it said no OS present. I guess that's teh slot 1, but I still have my original stock OS. correct? - I have that backed up in SS. Whew!
Can I just select Reboot, load the correct zip files to my phone and try again?
Any help is appreciated.

FIXED! These were suggestions:
Boot to stock side and recharge your phone.
Under boot options/stock/reboot. Otherwise just do all the wipes and install the correct file and boot up.
Just reboot into safestrap and choose boot option and activate stock and reboot (This is what I did.)

helron

Reaction score
Ok, installed CM10.1 in RomSlot1, and al is well!
But, just noticed I can't activate GPS via Settings or widget. Checked settings/locations and profiles. Nothing activates GPS.
Anyone else having similar issue? Any suggestions?

Fixed. Hate to start in in Stock for first time. Now all is well.