Despite Greatness, the LG G3 Has 5 Annoying Minor Flaws

Bara65

Reaction score
Never had burn in on my AMOLED screens. AMOLED always had advantage on contrast due to its deep black but LCD had higher brightness.

It's funny now that while Samsung increased brightness on S5 screen, LG had to turn it down on its 2K LCD for battery saving and lost brightness advantage. Also Motorola is sticking with AMOLED as feature like active notification would only work on AMOLED.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just can't decide what to do now. I won't be getting anything new until probably August and was pretty dead set on the HTC One, as it has most of what I want despite the camera shortcomings in some instances. The only real drawback to the G3 looks to be the speaker issue. I would have to wait on development, but I don't think it would be a major issue considering how much freedom there is with mods even without flashing ROMs at this point. Guess we'll have to see the official reviews, but since I'll be paying full retail, this may be a contender.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Take a look at a Samsung Note 3. Big, beautiful screen and the amazing S-Pen that opens all kinds of possibilities. Since the Note 4 will be coming out later this year, you may be able to snag a Note 3 for a good deal. Check with your carrier.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My G2 is much easier to see in direct sunlight than my Note2.
I , surprisingly, don't miss the s pen because of Q slide or the built in gestures such as volume up/power to open a quick on screen memo
As far as too bright or too dim an app called ScreenDim full allows me to separate contrast from backlight, eliminating the washed iPhone look of the LCD while at the same time letting me set my brightness for what works best for me.
I totally agree the camera should have more user settings because most G2,G3 users didn't come from ios so we can actually decide for ourselves what we think would be best. We don't use auto shot on our dslrs all the time. They're hamstringing the camera by not having the ability to make the most of it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
MI, I know exactly where you are coming from as I pay retail for all my devices. Personally, I will get the G3 in the next few weeks. IMO, it has the best features and UI. I may go for the G3 Prime if it hits the streets in a reasonable amount of time.

KaChow

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about these problems at all. I'll have my F400S late next week, there's already Root, deodexed ROMs, camera mods, Xposed and plenty more coming. Those 5 irritations are for those that keep their phone stock and ask for updates. Updates take too long, I'd rather do my own thing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
They don't concern me either. I would think fixes are in the works