1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Desperate need for help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SilentNinjaX, Oct 23, 2010.

1. SilentNinjaX

SilentNinjaX New Member

I was trying to format my SDCard because I had too much on it and it was going really slow. I formatted it under the recovery menu (for rooted droids) and it didn't do anything. So like a dumb*** I was, I formatted everything in the partitions menu part of the recovery; boot, system, data, cache, sdcard, sd-ext. Now it won't boot anymore and it stays at the M logo, the motorola sign. I found out that I didn't unmount my sdcard (was copying stuff to computer before) and rebooted in recovery and tried to format it but it didn't do anything, so it resulted into a severe regret. :'(
    All I can do is go to the recovery menu.

PLEASE HELP ME! I'LL BE WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING! I LOVE MY DROID A LOT AND I REALLY HOPE TO BRING IT BACK TO LIFE AGAIN! I'LL BE THE HAPPIEST GUY IN THE WORLD IF YOU HELPED ME!!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Please don't cross post. If you start a thread in the wrong section just ask for it to be moved.

You should have a nandroid backup. Just restore it.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. SilentNinjaX

SilentNinjaX New Member

i tried restoring it and all it says is:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
    Couldn't Open directory.
    No files found.

For both restore and advanced restore.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

What you did was wipe out almost everything on your phone and sdcard. You mentioned that you were copying stuff to your computer, did you get the whole contents of your sdcard copied?

And this is because you have erased everything on your sdcard, but at least you can boot into recovery. But you're going to have to make sure you can keep a charged battery to continue. And then I have two solutions below based on your answer to my question. For each solution you have to boot into CMRecovery, then go to the partitions menu, and select "mount /sdcard".

If the answer to the above was yes, plug it into your computer and take the latest working backup from your computer at /clockworkmod/backup/[whatever you named this]directory and with your computer create on your sdcard this folder structure: clockworkmod/backup/ and copy the above directory here. Then you should be able to do a complete nandroid restore using clockworkmod recovery.

If the answer was no, then you can just re-install the same rom you last were running via clockworkmod by downloading it to your computer, and copying it to your sdcard. Once that is done, go ahead and unplug your phone, go and "Unmount /sdcard" and then find and select install rom from sdcard, select the rom and let it rip. Once that is done, you should be able to reboot your phone via the CMR menu and you should at least have a working phone.

good luck
  5. SilentNinjaX

SilentNinjaX New Member

Thank you so much! I actually had the same idea except i thought i couldnt go in usb mode. I found out that I have to go to mount sdcard and then USB mount and leave it on that screen. Thanks for the help guys, the website is bada$$. you guys reply quick! :)

by the way, the thing i dont get is why they make an option to wipe everything out.... whats the use?
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010