Desktop Dock

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Accessories' started by xzdarkstarzx, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    The docking dots change it to landscape mode when they're connected, we've seen videos of it being used in the landscape docking station in the UK.

2. cruzincat

cruzincat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried ADW, but it started hanging up within a couple days. Now using Go Launcher X, and am happy.

As far as stands go, you cannot go wrong with the EZE Stand (www.ezestand.com) Right now they have a holiday special for $19.99, with the stand, a car charger, a wall charger, and two cables with angle ends, one left and one right. One of those cables will work with any orientation. the stand will work with any phone imaginable, so you are good with it for a long time. Mine just arrived today! I may order another!

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you like stock Android launcher, but need landscape and other missing features (scrollable dock, change # of home screens....), check out Nova Launcher. Its pretty awesome. Its not on market, but if you do a Google search you will be able to find the apk. I believe it is on xda.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Nova is awesome. Stock with a few nice extras and no stupid Google Search bar.

5. Mr.Rotorflyr

Mr.Rotorflyr New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sad to say, but...

According to the Samsung website, this desktop dock (with the pogo pin connectors) will not fit the Verizon LTE version.

#17 Mr.Rotorflyr, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  6. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Damn, wish this thing would hurry up already, be nice to slide this thing into the dock instead of having it just lay on my desk all day.

7. techinv

techinv Member

Ratings:
    +9
    +1 to that. Maybe we'll start to see these things after CES......

8. RVnut

RVnut New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ust getting my Moto X and want a desktop dock. After searching this thread there appears to be 3 docks that can be used, but they all have conflicting reviews. Now that everyone has used the Moto X and docks for a while which one do you recommend?

9. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +284
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I can only speak for the one offered by Griffin (which is the same one Motorola sells on their site) and I think it's good. It does the job, nothing fancy...charges the phone and allows the phone to act as an alarm clock for me. DON'T order it from Motorola though...I found a vendor on Amazon that was selling them for about $10 less.

I had a Philips clock radio/charging dock that was universal for Android phones with a micro-USB port, but after a year and a half of owning it, it started falling apart. And the thing wouldn't keep time after a couple days of resetting the clock...it would keep losing a couple minutes. That was junk, IMO.

Search tags for this page

edd-d1f2begstd

samsung edd-d1f2begstd
samsung eddd1f2begstd