1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

desktop dock is not charging

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by Ziggie, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ziggie

Ziggie New Member

I have the bionic's desktop dock which I was using as an alarm clock. It worked well for two months. Now it no longer charges the phone. I liked the fact I could use the phone as an alarm while fully charging overnight

Has anyone else had this problem?

I purchased the dock directly from Verizon. I was thinking of taking it into Verizon.

Anybody have any suggestions?
  2. linuxgator

linuxgator New Member

I don't know if it's anything like the car dock, but I had a similar problem in that the usb plug had receded ever so slightly into the housing and wasn't connecting properly. I opened it up and superglued a piece of plastic in it that would keep it from slipping again and it has worked flawlessly ever since. It may be a different problem altogether though, so maybe taking it in isn't a bad idea.
  3. Milroy

Milroy New Member

This happened to me a few days ago. The problem for me was the wall charger. Changed it out and good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. myc8e

myc8e New Member

I have the HD dock and the same thing happened to me after about 2 months. I didn't have my tools with me to check if it was the charger/plug or what, so I just returned it and got a new one from Motorolla. Cost me $7 in shipping to return the old one, but the new one works fine. Was still wondering if it was an inherent problem or just a fluke. Curious myself to see if many others have this problem.
  5. Ziggie

Ziggie New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Milroy! I swapped out the charging cord and it works again!
Search tags for this page

bionic cradle bad

bionic desk dock not working after update

bionic doc not charging

desk cradle not charging