Desktop Cradle my Dad made!

Danariel

Reaction score
Hey, all! Just wanted to brag on my Dad a bit. I had an idea for a desktop dock with some embellishments, and being a Graphic Designer, I drew him out a pattern. He's taken hardwoods (most are Maple, one is Yellowwood, one is Walnut, and the others are Cherry) and cut them out using a scrollsaw, then filled in the parts he cut out with epoxy mixed with different colored paint. He made 3 for me, and liked them so much that he's made several more (smaller ones) for extended family. He's making 2 more for my sister and her husband with different designs (by me.)

First, a pic of my Incredible in it. Pretty sure it'll hold up to a Droid X in size, my Incredible is in the Innocase Surface II.

Next, the three he made for me:

The faces:

This one is made from Yellowwood:

and my Butterfly with a Name Plate he made me a couple of years ago, color match:

The ones he made for family:

Face of the Butterfly:

Another style, sized for my Mom's Razr:

Dad and I make a great team!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Holy crap. Your dad is da bomb! I love that one he maid for his wife. Amazing. You should post a few other photos of random woodworking stuff he does, these are remarkable!

OP
D

Danariel

Reaction score
Holy crap. Your dad is da bomb! I love that one he maid for his wife. Amazing. You should post a few other photos of random woodworking stuff he does, these are remarkable!

Yeah, a while back he and Mom did the craft show circuit. He even took a class on selling stuff on eBay, but I guess it was either too technical for him, or it never panned out. He has a website I made him (probably 10 years ago) with more of his stuff:
Wood Designs - Imagination in Wood

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: wow you are one lucky girl to have a dad that talented!!