Desk Dock mode mode stopped working

sc80

Reaction score
Anyone have a workaround for the desk mode issue on the Maxx HD? Ever since the JB update when you dock the Maxx HD it will allow you to chose the type of dock mode then once you pick desk dock it says unfortunately it has stopped- tried 2 different docks and also disabled smart actions and no luck

HeavyC

Reaction score
This is a device wide problem with the Razr HD/Razr Maxx HD. It didn't start with Jelly Bean. It was caused by an update to the Google Play Music app. Since Play Music is built in to the desk mode, something in the Play Music update caused a conflict. If you go into Settings->Apps and "Uninstall Updates" to the Play Music app, the Desk Mode should work. But then, you will lose some functionality to Play Music. Until an update from either side is published, I just use a different mode when I dock my Maxx HD.

clepatb

Reaction score
This is a device wide problem with the Razr HD/Razr Maxx HD. It didn't start with Jelly Bean. It was caused by an update to the Google Play Music app. Since Play Music is built in to the desk mode, something in the Play Music update caused a conflict. If you go into Settings->Apps and "Uninstall Updates" to the Play Music app, the Desk Mode should work. But then, you will lose some functionality to Play Music. Until an update from either side is published, I just use a different mode when I dock my Maxx HD.

Thank you! That did the trick!

danetbra63

Reaction score
what kind of dock?

What kind of dock are you using for the droid Razr maxx HD?

detroitwilly

Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks. I will just choose another mode and wait for the fix.

I'm using the same Motorola dock that I used with the Maxx, I just stand it up straight instead of laying it down on its side. It works perfect.

seccles

Reaction score

My Droid Bionic had the same problem, and this solution fixed it. Thanks!