Deodex..

andylulzyou

Reaction score
My gf just got a D2 and now she wants to be rooted and she wants Jrummys Pink Life theme which needs to be deodexed.. im not sure how to do this because i'm on the X and all of the roms I use deodex for me

is there some sort of auto-deodexer for the D2 or would it be easier for me to just install fission on to her phone and then install the theme over that.

mjones1052

Reaction score
Can you link me? If it's themed that should mean it's already deodexed, kinda the only way to theme.

mjones1052

Reaction score
My themes are from my Droid 1 days haha. But all that means is you need to root and have a custom ROM. Do you want just a stock ROM with the pink theme? Or something like Fission or Apex that get rid of Motoblur, then the pink theme on top. Lemme find you the stock deodexed ROM, I know it's out there.

Also, are you familiar with how to install ROM's?

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
My themes are from my Droid 1 days haha. But all that means is you need to root and have a custom ROM. Do you want just a stock ROM with the pink theme? Or something like Fission or Apex that get rid of Motoblur, then the pink theme on top. Lemme find you the stock deodexed ROM, I know it's out there.

Also, are you familiar with how to install ROM's?

On a Droid X with Koush's bootstrapper yes

Also I've noticed on the DX that 3.2.320 is a leak which some people have had problems with, but on my gf's D2 it is already an OTA update.

I figured I would root her phone with z4root, will it still work on 3.2.320?

And thanks for answering my question, my wording was really unclear but basically I was asking if there was a stock deodexed rom, or if I would have to give her a custom deodexed rom like Fission

mjones1052

Reaction score
Yea the latest 3.2.20 for the D2 is the latest OTA, and yes z4root does work with that, I've done it.

So since your on the OTA you would probably not be able to use those files. Lemme look.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score

mjones1052

Reaction score
I would get her the D2 bootstrap.apk there is some minor differences I would think. And yes, from a completely stock phone you will:

Root
Bootstrap
Make Backup
Factory Reset/Clear Data from Recovery
Clear Cache
Flash the 2.3.20 deodexed ROM
Wipe Data/Cache
Reboot
Sign in and Get Set Up
Make Backup
Flash Pink Theme

Droid 2 Bootstrap: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/1...rap-allows-full-nandroid-backups-custom-roms/

Last edited:
OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I would get her the D2 bootstrap.apk there is some minor differences I would think. And yes, from a completely stock phone you will:

Root
Bootstrap
Make Backup
Factory Reset/Clear Data from Recovery
Clear Cache
Flash the 2.3.20 deodexed ROM
Wipe Data/Cache
Reboot
Sign in and Get Set Up
Make Backup
Flash Pink Theme

Factory Reset with Stock Recovery or Clockwork

mjones1052

Reaction score
Should get you the same results. And appears that DX and D2 have the same bootstrappers with different names.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Last question, for some reason when she got her Phone the first thing that I guess the Verizon didn't do was set up a google account -__- so all of her contacts are under phone contacts and not google contacts so restoring them is going to be a pain in the ass

Is there a way to sync all the contacts to her g-mail or will backup assistant work on the tbh.zip?

And will I be able to SBF if something goes wrong even if she updated with OTA

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok yes backup assistant should handle it but if it rejects her password you may have to do a factory reset. I've seen it before. Also before you get in to it you can go in to her contacts and export them to her sd card. I do that before any type of flashing just in case. That way if backup assistant fails and you can't get it to work again you can just import them from the sd card. And finally yes you can sbf if anything goes wrong. Tbh has the sbf files for 2.3.2 but if you are carefull in what you do, it shouldn't become an issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Just noticed that the Pink Life theme I want to install is for 2.3.15 and she is running 2.3.320 or w/e .. will that be a problem?