Demoted to 1X every day at 9:31 PM?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Subject says it all, EVERY NIGHT at exactly 9:31PM EST, Verizon time (time on my phone) my data connection icon disappears (3G) then comes back about 10 seconds later as 1X... Then 5 minutes later, 9:36PM, 3G comes back.... Anyone else get this, if so what time and what ROM, if any, are you running? I'm on cm7 rc1.7.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Here's my guess. Verizon was has scheduled a precise testing time to test new 4g components or something in their towers...or some other garbage like that. If that's not maybe you should install a superwipe to see if that wipes the bug

kimy

Reaction score
I have had the same problem often, to often. My internet connect setting would show connected but I was not connected to anything at all. It didn't matter where I was and I ALWAYS had full bars, received all calls and texts. I ended up disconnecting & reconnecting the internet connection then restarting my phone in order to use internet on my phone. My phone would go from 1X, 3Gg & 4G to nothing at all. I ended up calling Verizon and receiving another phone, "certified new used phone", which was a slap in the face considering my phone was not even 2 months old. So far I haven't had too many problems with my internet connection. Talking to friends with a android phone they are experiencing all types of problems with their phones regardless of the carrier. I'm starting to wish I purchased the iPhone even though I do love the thunderbolt.

Reaction score
Subject says it all, EVERY NIGHT at exactly 9:31PM EST, Verizon time (time on my phone) my data connection icon disappears (3G) then comes back about 10 seconds later as 1X... Then 5 minutes later, 9:36PM, 3G comes back.... Anyone else get this, if so what time and what ROM, if any, are you running? I'm on cm7 rc1.7.

Call VZW I seriously doubt that has anything to do with your phone. Sounds like a tower in the area is being reset and is having trouble getting back online as fast as it should.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Thanks all for the input. Just signed a contract for this thunderbolt :/ but I'm leaning towards the "tower being messed up" idea, maybe they're testing throttling or something, but it can't be legit throttling, 930pm is off peak and the "throttle" only lasts 5 minutes... but if there's anything I've learned from countless calls to Verizon customer service its that I wont get any answers about this.... I went to that link above, Verizon excludes 4G LTE devices in their throttling, even if the device is in a 3G only coverage area.... Definitely a weird phenomena in lieu of the iPhone, no seriously everything was nice and operational before we got however many people switching solely for the iPhone... now we get towers messed up because of congestion and because of technicians testing throttling and who knows what else. Ah well, that's.my rant for the night...

Nevertheless, I still wanna know if anyone out there has this happen to them too!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Superwipe?

Superwipe wipes every little thing left by the last Roms that may cause the device to act out. Even when upgrading my Rom to a later version I use this because it pushes the chance of having bugs and bootlooping way way down.

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Ah. Well thanks for the referral, Ill give it a shot one of these days lol