Demolished Droid1.. What phone now?

craigwfla

Reaction score
OK, my Droid1 just took an unfortunate flight off the roof of my car at around 60 mph.. Fortunately, I have an upgrade though Verizon.. My question is, what is the best phone out right now to upgrade to?

jchammer123

Reaction score
OK, my Droid1 just took an unfortunate flight off the roof of my car at around 60 mph.. Fortunately, I have an upgrade though Verizon.. My question is, what is the best phone out right now to upgrade to?

Right now.....probably the Razr.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

cowsquad

Reaction score

Wait for samsung galaxy nexus

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

craigwfla

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess it may be worth toughing it out with a backup phone for a couple of weeks waiting for the Nexus.. I had been saving my upgrade for something good, and my droid1 always did the job..

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score

There are many factors to consider when trying to determine your next phone. First, are you into after market modding or do you like a stock experience? If you like a stock experience I would go with an iphone 4s. Unfortunately all the Verizon android phones carry the handset manufacturers user interface so its buggy and no fun. If you are into modding then the upcoming galaxy nexus is a good choice because of its openness but its rumored to only have 16gb of internal memory, unable to be used with your pc as mass storage and no external sd card slot. Of course this is all speculation thus far and we wont truly know until its released. However there are going to be a lot of hacks and roms available to make it a lot of fun. As far as what's available now, the thunderbolt is unlockable, the charge is unlocked and, the bionic and razr are locked down (hopefully not permanently). I have a bionic and I really like the size, power, screen res, and ability to add the extended life battery. However the radio leaves little to be desired. It can be updated but the update still has some bugs. There are a great many roms already available for it and im addicted to DroidTh3ory's series of roms. However there is no support for custom kernels because of the locked bootloader. There are also a few more steps involved in flashing radio updates. I believe however that I am happier with my bionic than I would be a razr simply because there is no extended battery for the razr and 4g burns through battery like crazy. I don't know much about the charge and thunderbolt but did have the option to trade my bionic for a thunderbolt and opted not to because the hardware is old now. I did have a fascinate before the bionic though and would have gotten the charge but, again I was unimpressed with the hardware when it was released and Im less impressed now. All in all I would weigh the options against my needs between the bionic and nexus. Decide what I need and what I can live without. My decision at this point would probably still be the Bionic.

Edit: did extensive research on the rezound. Definitely what I would pick if I was currently in the market for a phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: