Dell Venue 8, the Intel Atom Based Android Tablet On Sale at Newegg for $170

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 16, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

We aren't sure if this sale is still available, but just in case it is we wanted to share it. The 32GB version of the Dell Venue 8, the Intel Atom based Android tablet, is over on Newegg. The regular price is $199.99, which doesn't compare very favorably to the 2013 Edition Nexus 7; however, thanks to gadgetrants, we have a coupon code, (EMCYTZT5224) which will drop it down to $170 bucks. This is a price which makes it much more tempting. Here's a breakdown of specs:
    • Intel Atom Z2580 (2.00Ghz, Dual Core)
    • 2GB RAM, 32GB Flash
    • 8" IPS HD Multi-touch Capacitive Display (WXGA 1280x800)
    • Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
    • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + BT 4.0 + GPS
    • 32GB Storage
    The Intel Atom architecture has been getting high praise for its efficient power to performance ratio. This could be a decent stocking stuffer for the right user. We want to reiterate that we don't know how long the sale was supposed to last, so the coupon code may or may not be valid anymore. Sound off if you have any luck with it at the source link below.

Source: Newegg

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Sadly, it looks like the coupon is dead, but newegg tends to bring back deals like this every so often, so it's worth maybe setting a price alert (see under the "Add to Cart" button). Still remember it's 8" and 32GB, so not too bad a competitor to the Nexus 7.

-Matt

3. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +900
    anyone use this tablet? that's a killer price and I'd definitely wait for it to come back around. how well does the atom cpu work on android I guess is what I'm worried about.

4. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +500
    Well, this would definitely be a good dual boot device, for those who like to tinker (Win 8 + Android).

5. BMWBig6

BMWBig6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this from Newegg. So far I love it (8" is an awesome form factor to hold in one hand), but my only problem is that DirecTV's GenieGo app won't work on it (yet). This app has horrible Android compatibility issues so far (my Note 3 didn't work for months and after the latest update it suddenly works), so if you need GenieGo to work, you may want to look elsewhere. This app seems to work on Nexus but not the Tab 3 (Tab 2 works tho).

Search tags for this page
android intel flash player
android tablet intel atom flash player
dell venue 7 dual boot -pro
dell venue 8 android forum
dell venue 8 android sale

dell venue 8 dual boot

dell venue 8 for sale

dell venue 8 wi-fi tablet dual-core jelly bean android

geniego dell venue

geniego for sale