Deleting text messages

droidbird

Reaction score
When I want to delete text messages, I select the menu key at the bottom of the phone and the menu that comes up includes "Call, View Contact, Add subject, Attach, Insert smiley, and more." If I hit "more" then "delete threads" comes up. The strange is that half the time, when I hit the menu button the option to delete comes up in the first set of options. Why is this?

OP
D

droidbird

Reaction score
Okay, I think it comes up with the first menu selection when you are deleting a single message versus a long thread. I just thought that it would say "delete message" instead of "delete thread."

mjs31

Reaction score
If messages are getting deleted automatically check your settings and make sure your numbers are set right.

superglen99

Reaction score
if you want to delete a single text message long press on it then you can delete it. people don't forget to long press anywhere and everywhere to see if it gives you more options!

dominator77

Reaction score
How do you delete certain text messages but not entire conversation? It seems like the only option is "delete" and thats that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
Long press the message you don't want to delete and choose lock this message option for every single message you don't want deleted. Then when you've finished then click delete all threads (this will delete all the messages in your inbox) then another window will show up saying delete all meesages and another option will show include locked messages make sure that option is unchecked. Then proceed with deletion.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dominator77

Reaction score
Thanks alot comk4ver..I had no idea you could do that

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Joseph668

Reaction score
When I want to delete text messages, I select the menu key at the bottom of the phone and the menu that comes up includes "Call, View Contact, Add subject, Attach, Insert smiley, and more." If I hit "more" then "delete threads" comes up. The strange is that half the time, when I hit the menu button the option to delete comes up in the first set of options. Why is this?

What version of Droid are you using...?

In recents versions there's a big problem to delete history, so I tried up Android Delete History and it works great.. Saved my days :biggrin: