Deleting Superuser! HELP!

Nicksmith128

Reaction score
Okay, so I decided I didn't want to "root" my DroidX, but I have the Superuser icon stuck in my menu button. Anybody have any cracks that can take it off?

Thanks in advance!
_Nick_

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cant you just go in to settings>applications>all applications and delete it

That would have been way to easy. The instructions in the link I provided shows you how to remove the superuser.apk file.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Cant you just go in to settings>applications>all applications and delete it

Nope it doesn't show up...
It wont be under your downloaded apps you will need to show all system apps
so you hit the show system apps or all apps (sorry been on 2.2 for to long) dont remember and it's not there
Maybe try rebooting see if that removes it from the app list

OP
N

Nicksmith128

Reaction score
Okay, so I decided I didn't want to "root" my DroidX, but I have the Superuser icon stuck in my menu button. Anybody have any cracks that can take it off?

Thanks in advance!
_Nick_

Welcome aboard.

Lesson here: always figure out how to undo that which you are about to do:)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/62916-unrooting-droidx.html

edit: I've also moved this to the droid-x hacking section of the forums

Ughhhh, I "attempted" to root it with a different file log and such, it's not pulling... Sheesh I wish I could just go to Verizon and get them to wipe it COMPLETELY clean... Is that an option. Cause I didn't root any of the main apps or anything like that....

gatewayad

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
_Nick_

Welcome aboard.

Ughhhh, I "attempted" to root it with a different file log and such, it's not pulling... Sheesh I wish I could just go to Verizon and get them to wipe it COMPLETELY clean... Is that an option. Cause I didn't root any of the main apps or anything like that....

Yes that should be an option you can do no need to go to Verizon
Look under settings>Privacy settings then Factory data reset. You will have to reset up your phone like it was new.

OP
N

Nicksmith128

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Look under settings>Privacy settings then Factory data reset. You will have to reset up your phone like it was new.

Already did that and then the Superuser icon is still there... It's kinda annoying... =/

gatewayad

Reaction score

Already did that and then the Superuser icon is still there... It's kinda annoying... =/

Sorry guess you are going to have to go back up to post #5
they give really good step by step instructions, just follow it exactly

OP
N

Nicksmith128

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
_Nick_

Welcome aboard.

Soooo I tried to follow these steps over and pver and nothing is working.. Could you possibly take it step by step... Apparently I'm the only person that doesn't know how to unroot my phone... I didn't root it in the first place, all I got was that damn Superuser icon on there... =/