Deleting notification sounds!

mtwal16

Reaction score
Heres a little back story:
I am currently using handcent sms. I was using the "mario mushroom" for my text sound. All was well until I wanted to change it. So I press and hold on another one, etc and set it as my new sound. Then I get a text and its both notification sounds. So I go through the original menu>settings>sounds, etc and put that ringtone on "silent" and then go to the original messages app and turn that notification to "silent". Think its all fixed but still the same problem. I even went as far as to uninstall the soundboard that old ringtone came on but to no avail. Whats the problem?

OP
M

mtwal16

Reaction score
found the problem. i was using ringolite and had to go through there to resolve it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Handcent on a rooted Droid. When I open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications settings, tap notification sound I have two options Android system or Select music. When I select form one it overrides the other.

Do you by change still have the mario sound set for the stock text app? Check to make sure you have turned off the notification in the stock app.

Mike

EDIT

Looks like you already resolved!