Deleting my txts!!!!!

n1ck1024

Reaction score
i have had my droid for about 2 months now.. at first i LOVED it.. now it has transformed into a block of pure frustration. this may be because i am a very heavy txter.. and my droid deletes ALL of my sms and mms messages. LIKE 4 OR 5 TIMES PER WEEK!! before the 2.1 update it deleted them only a few times a month (which was also pretty irritating). i use the original texting application, i have the antivirus app installed as well as the advanced task killer in which messaging is on the ignore list. i also have the helix launcher installed which sort of slows things down but i really like it.... idk what to do! HELP!

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have had my droid for about 2 months now.. at first i LOVED it.. now it has transformed into a block of pure frustration. this may be because i am a very heavy txter.. and my droid deletes ALL of my sms and mms messages. LIKE 4 OR 5 TIMES PER WEEK!! before the 2.1 update it deleted them only a few times a month (which was also pretty irritating). i use the original texting application, i have the antivirus app installed as well as the advanced task killer in which messaging is on the ignore list. i also have the helix launcher installed which sort of slows things down but i really like it.... idk what to do! HELP!
theres a setting in the app that says delete old messages, is it checked?

tt8698

Reaction score
Def check the messaging settings, also you really don't need an anti virus program I've heard nothing but bad things about them sometimes destroying your phone :/

Techniqually you do not need a task manager the droid does have a built in task manager I use to use a task manager and auto kill apps all the time but about a month ago I stopped and I've seen nothing but improvements to my droid with it not lagging

I would also suggest getting the mybackup pro from the market it let's you schedule back ups of your sms/mms on a daily basis incase this happens again

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, you've got advance task killer, not needed and anti virus, also not needed and a resource hog. I say get rid of both of them. There is also an apps in the market that will save your text messages. Do a search in the market, sorry, I can't recommend one for you.

n1ck10

Reaction score
theres a setting in the app that says delete old messages, is it checked?
Nope..
thanks guys ill let everyone know what happens (if anything). I just uninstalled the antivirus and Task Killer.