Deleting my incoming texts immediately! Grr

Joeyvee

Reaction score
This is B.S! Everything was fine with my texting. I was NOWHERE near any stupid limit. the phones less than a week old and I'm using just the stock texting program. One day I noticed I had more threads than I wanted to I deleted all instead of just deleting one thread. Now when new texts come in I dont get ANY alert at all and I have to go in my messaginh app and look and then I see a few contacts who have sent me texts and I see the first few words, but when I open them it will just show me the last ones sent and the incoming one is automatically deleted. I HATE IT. I cant find any evidence of this happening to anyone else. I have taken the battery out a few times already and it hasnt helped.. PLEASE someone tell me this happened to them and how they fixed it.> Thanks.
I dont know where everyone else lives but when I lived in NY and here in Hawaii the verizon store is worse than the damned DMV so I really dont want to have to go in there.

shiccy

Reaction score
I hate waiting in lines, myself. I would suggest calling V from a landline somewhere and seeing if they can help with it. Honestly, though, it'll probably involve either resetting your phone to factory defaults or them shipping you a new one...

An alternative is to get an alternative SMS / MMS program ... there's multiple different ones, so try 'em out and see what you like!

One more thing ... unless you've not installed anything since this started happening, don't eliminate the possibility this problem is being caused by an errant program! What have you installed recently? Anything you can easily delete? Try deleting some new things and see what happens!

OP
J

Joeyvee

Reaction score
A) That is not a line you wait in. Every time I go in a Verizon store there are already 2 or 3 miserable F**KS Cursing, *****ing and moaning that they've been there for hours and noones helped them after signing in etc.. it's pretty damn bad. 2) it was an app called my private messages that was deleting my texts immediately. stupid friggin apps.