Deleting Music

jerryc41

Reaction score
In copying music from iTunes to my Droid X, I somehow got two copies of everything onto the phone. instead of going through 2,600 songs and deleting every other one, can I just delete all music from the X and start over?

Jerry

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In copying music from iTunes to my Droid X, I somehow got two copies of everything onto the phone. instead of going through 2,600 songs and deleting every other one, can I just delete all music from the X and start over?

Jerry

Yeah, no reason why not.. What did you use to transfer your files over?

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Thanks, Hook, but ...

I used Motorola Music Link to transfer everything.

I guess I should have wroded my question better. HOW can I delete all music from the phone and then reload it?

Jerry

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Motorola Music Link to transfer everything.

I guess I should have wroded my question better. HOW can I delete all music from the phone and then reload it?

Jerry

Mount your Droid. Go into your music folder and File, select all, delete.

That would be the easiest way.

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Details, please. I have had this phone just two days. When I go to Settings > SD Card, I can unmount it. What do you mean by mounting the phone itself? The manual says

Delete or share files on your phone​
Find it:​
Launcher icon
> Files > Phone files

Touch a file or folder to open, then touch and hold a file
to​
Delete or Share.

Is that what you mean?

Jerry

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Plug the phone in via USB cable. Look up in the Notification Bar after plugging it in...you should see USB listed there. Pull down the Notification Area and tap the USB menu...it will then allow you to select which USB Mode you want. Choose either PC Mode or Mass Storage Mode. Now, you should be able to go to "My Computer" on your PC and see the Droid X listed...click on it to open it, and there you will see the files/folders on your SD card. Navigate to the folder where your music is and delete the files as you would on any other drive.

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Fantastic!

BodyBagz, I did what you said with the USB and My Computer, and it worked fine. i deleted the music. Now I'll try again. Day by day I'm getting to understand this.

Thanks,
Jerry

BodyBagz

Reaction score
BodyBagz, I did what you said with the USB and My Computer, and it worked fine. i deleted the music. Now I'll try again. Day by day I'm getting to understand this.

Thanks,
Jerry
No problem...glad to be of a help....dancedroid

I have had my X for about 3 weeks now, and I am still learning what it can do daily...:)

Quiltaday

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to delete music and .wav files from the Thunderbolt without hooking up to a computer? This used to be easy on the D1 ... Thanks !

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bhall238

Reaction score
Still pretty easy, open the music app, long press on the album or song you don't want and one of the options that comes up is delete.

Quiltaday

Reaction score
Thanks, but that did not work ... I have options, including to view the details, but none to allow me to delete ... I am using stock music app ...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Drew_P

Reaction score
I think I might know what your doing. If your playing a song and hit the button in the bottom right with the music note to get to the list of all songs, when you long press the song you won't have an option to delete. You have to hit the opposite button, the one with the three lines. Then slide the bottom of the screen to where its on all songs (single music note, not the one with lines under it, that's connected media) When you look thru that list and find the song you want to delete, long press on it and the box that pops up will have the delete option. Sorry took so long to type all that. Really hope it helps.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!