Deleting music from Micro SD card via music Apps

Aradiel

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with my S3 deleting files from my micro SD card.

I've found that, if I create a folder "Media > Music" on my external memory, and put music files directly into it (much like Kies does), all of my music apps (the samsung music player, google music, anything else I download) detects the files and will play them. If I decide that I don't want a song, I can just delete it (through whichever music app I'm currently in) and it gets removed from the card.

This in itself is fine, but I would much rather have my music organised into separate directories (i.e. Artist > Album) rather than all dumped in one place, making it hard to tell what is what.

But, if I do that (so the directories are Media > Music > Artist > Album) the apps don't delete the file from the sd card, only from their own listing. What is worse, is that sometimes if the app gets reset (e.g. I power cycle the phone) that listing gets refreshed, and the song I "deleted" is still in the playlist.

Is it possible to make my phone behave the way I want it to?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to df. +1 for power amp. Also it gives you an adjustable eq.. A must have for me.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

OP
A

Aradiel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

The answer is "maybe" Try using JetAudio or PowerAmp as you player/organizer.

Thanks for the advice - unfortunately I just tried both of those and got exactly the same result.