Deleting Messaging conversations

droidhero

Reaction score
My Droid has been doing some weird things lately. One of the most annoying is the fact my messaging conversations just all get deleted....

Anyone have any clue why?

Thanks

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Mine did the exact same thing the other day for no reason.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid has been doing some weird things lately. One of the most annoying is the fact my messaging conversations just all get deleted....

Thanks

Open messaging, tap menu, tap options. You can only keep 200 messages but you may want to look at the others settings.

Mike

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Open messaging, tap menu, tap options. You can only keep 200 messages but you may want to look at the others settings.

Mike

That is 200 messages per conversation. All of my messages and conversations were deleted.

What messaging program are you using? Task killers have been known to delete messages in Handcent.

no task killer here and messages were deleted from both handcent and the main messaging app.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

That is 200 messages per conversation. All of my messages and conversations were deleted.

What messaging program are you using? Task killers have been known to delete messages in Handcent.

no task killer here and messages were deleted from both handcent and the main messaging app.

Ouch! Sorry for misreading. I use the stock messaging tool and I've not had any problems. I do not have any other suggestions.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned many times so I decided to do a search to see if there was a solution found. Unfortunately I did not see one. However you may want to continue to search and see if you can find an answer for this problem.

I delete my text messages as I get them. I'm sure you have good reasons for keeping them.

dro

Reaction score

Thanks

Mike

Nice, I was jealous of how my girlfriend's eris seemed to store an unlimited amount of messages, where my droid would clear them out after a conversation reached 200 messages. I set it to 5000 now, in ur face HTC!