Deleting message from server?

pm1066

Reaction score
Is the DX supposed to delete (or give the option to) e-mail from servers when deleted on the handset? Or am I stuck with deleting everything on a PC and the phone?

Does this vary by provider?

Thx!

golfhunter28

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same. My phone has emails in my Gmail account that I want to keep but I have noticed when I deleted a couple on my phone they were gone from my inbox on my PC. My BB would ask to delete on handheld or both.

jst4fun

Reaction score
One way around that is, I am using syncing.net to sync my home work & laptop to my email. so when ever it comes in it is on my devices. When I delete it off of my X they are still on my computers until I delete or moved to a folder on them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the DX supposed to delete (or give the option to) e-mail from servers when deleted on the handset? Or am I stuck with deleting everything on a PC and the phone?

Does this vary by provider?

Thx!

You should be able to set that up in your settings on gmail. There is a setting for leaving a copy on the server.

If that's not what your looking for, like if you have Outlook 2007 then see if there is a setting to remove that copy when forwarded. I do recall somebody else had this issue and they were able to fix it.