Deleting Icons

Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the whole droid experience (former blackberry user) was wondering why I can remove some applications on my droid... like blockbuster, city id and a few others... I See them under installed apps but remove app is grayed out and wont let me delete it. Also is there a way to customize your menu screen move icons around where u want them? They seem to be in ABC order. Any help would be much appreciated.

Beka27

Reaction score
The app drawer is always alphabetical. You can only remove "bloat" apps if you decide to root your phone. If you use the home replacement app "launcher pro" you can, however, hide apps you don't use.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
The app drawer is always alphabetical. You can only remove "bloat" apps if you decide to root your phone. If you use the home replacement app "launcher pro" you can, however, hide apps you don't use.

(from Beka's DX)

I apologize your gonna have to be more specific whats root your phone mean? And where Do I get launcher pro?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Rooting simply means gaining "root access". Kind of like admin priveleges on a windows computer. It allows you to do everything from running custom ROMs to overclocking to wireless tethering. And Launcher Pro is an alternative launcher (which I highly recommend) that can be downloaded in the Market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Rooting simply means gaining "root access". Kind of like admin priveleges on a windows computer. It allows you to do everything from running custom ROMs to overclocking to wireless tethering. And Launcher Pro is an alternative launcher (which I highly recommend) that can be downloaded in the Market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And how do I root my device?

Beka27

Reaction score
Rooting has many benefits, but it's not without risks. Definitely read up on the topic to find out if it's something you would be interested in. There are many threads all over this forum about what it is, what it allows you to do, and what can go wrong if done incorrectly.

How are you liking your phone do far?

(from Beka's DX)

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Rooting has many benefits, but it's not without risks. Definitely read up on the topic to find out if it's something you would be interested in. There are many threads all over this forum about what it is, what it allows you to do, and what can go wrong if done incorrectly.

How are you liking your phone do far?

(from Beka's DX)

Love it just still very new to it. If I root my phone will it void my warranty?

Beka27

Reaction score
In short, yes. Play with the phone stock for awhile. Download launcher pro and do some customizations, play with icons, wallpapers, apps, etc. You can always decide to root once you're more comfortable.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
In short, yes. Play with the phone stock for awhile. Download launcher pro and do some customizations, play with icons, wallpapers, apps, etc. You can always decide to root once you're more comfortable.

(from Beka's DX)

What does launcher pro allow me to do?

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Just download the Launcher Pro free app and play around with it. If you love and want more features, you can always get the paid version

Lax bro, closet geek

Beka27

Reaction score
You can reduce your number of home screens, increase your scrolling docks along the bottom to 3, customize your docks and icons, hide apps like we said, among others things. There are also some widgets... Get the free and try it out. I upgraded to the paid after about a week.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
You can reduce your number of home screens, increase your scrolling docks along the bottom to 3, customize your docks and icons, hide apps like we said, among others things. There are also some widgets... Get the free and try it out. I upgraded to the paid after about a week.

(from Beka's DX)

How much is the paid?

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Just look it up in the market!! Internet laziness ftl

Lax bro, closet geek

Beka27

Reaction score
No clue how much. I don't remember. I'm trying to help you out, but there are already a thousand threads on this topic (or you can google it, there's a website too). Do some research ;o)

(from Beka's DX)