Deleting Emails on my Razr.....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for all of your help!
Can we assume you've found the solution in what we've provided as suggestions? I certainly hope so! Best wishes.

;)

Droid Kain

Reaction score
May I take this a step further? I noticed that on our RAZR, the email client doesn't really auto sync with server anymore. Ie: when I delete the mail from the server using my PC. The RAZR email client doesn't see the change and delete accordingly. I have to manually delete messages to clear my mailbox. On my OG DROID it did this automatically. Is there an option or work around I haven't found yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Droid Kain

Reaction score
When I setup my Droid X, i used an "email account" that looked like a red and white stamp with an @ on it. On the Razr, I clicked on the Yahoo account - which I don't see in "Set Up Accounts". Did I set it up wrong?

I too use the official yahoo mail client. Its better than the built in app

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
May I take this a step further? I noticed that on our RAZR, the email client doesn't really auto sync with server anymore. Ie: when I delete the mail from the server using my PC. The RAZR email client doesn't see the change and delete accordingly. I have to manually delete messages to clear my mailbox. On my OG DROID it did this automatically. Is there an option or work around I haven't found yet?

Same question, different user...which client are you referring to? I assume since you've discovered the Official Yahoo client that we're not talking about the Yahoo email client, correct?

There are advanced settings in SOME email clients that will allow you to set that flag. Others don't. Depending on what client you're using (or what type of email you are trying to access), I can probably help you.

mcsoul

Reaction score
Is anyone using "touchdown"; I can get a free license for it (for myself only sorry) from work, just not sure if it's worth it.

Droid Kain

Reaction score
Same question, different user...which client are you referring to? I assume since you've discovered the Official Yahoo client that we're not talking about the Yahoo email client, correct?

There are advanced settings in SOME email clients that will allow you to set that flag. Others don't. Depending on what client you're using (or what type of email you are trying to access), I can probably help you.

My issue is not with the yahoo mail app. My issue is with the pre installed mail app. [The one which has the red stamp icon with the "@" symbol in it]
The email in question is my personal domain email. It connects via pop3 and smtp

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My issue is not with the yahoo mail app. My issue is with the pre installed mail app. [The one which has the red stamp icon with the "@" symbol in it]
The email in question is my personal domain email. It connects via pop3 and smtp

OK, so it may seem less than intuitive, but you control that setting NOT from within the email client itself, but from within a menu arrived at through the "Settings".

Go to the main home screen, then press the "Menu" button (looks like 3 horizontal lines, bottom left corner of your phone), then select "Settings", and then "Accounts". There, you'll find all the communication accounts you have set up on the phone. Look for the red box with the while "@" sign and tap it. You will be presented with 4 menu options, and one button. The menu options are "General Settings", "Incoming Server", "Outgoing Server", and "Other Settings".

In the "Other Settings" menu you'll have two selections. The first is a drop-down selection to choose how long of a timeframe of emails you wish to keep on the phone. You can choose from "1 Week", "2 Weeks", "1 Month", "2 Months", and "Never delete messages". Directly below the drop-down is a check-box that will allow you to choose whether messages you delete on the phone will also delete them from the email server. This may be where the problem for your phone lies.

Hopefully this will resolve your issues. If not, I suggest you look to third-party email clients that give you much greater control of how email is handled both on the phone and on the server. I personally like K-9 Mail.

Good luck! ;)

Droid Kain

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I am familiar with that menu but none of those options will resolve my issue. I'm just a little annoyed because on OG DROID it synced to my server mail. If my server was empty my mail client would be empty. If my server had mail so would my client. Just seems that the RAZR version of the email client took a step backwards in productivity. Thanks again and ill keep looking for solutions.
Is K-9 free? Ill look into that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for the quick reply. I am familiar with that menu but none of those options will resolve my issue. I'm just a little annoyed because on OG DROID it synced to my server mail. If my server was empty my mail client would be empty. If my server had mail so would my client. Just seems that the RAZR version of the email client took a step backwards in productivity. Thanks again and ill keep looking for solutions.
Is K-9 free? Ill look into that.

Totally free. Works nicely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk