Deleting Emails on my Razr.....

rastaman

Reaction score
I just realized that when I delete emails off of my Razr, they are not getting to my home computer if I don't have it turned on. It must be deleting them off the server when I delete them off of my phone. How can I enable "leave message on the server" on my Razr? I have them checked on my Outlook's on all my computers. Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just realized that when I delete emails off of my Razr, they are not getting to my home computer if I don't have it turned on. It must be deleting them off the server when I delete them off of my phone. How can I enable "leave message on the server" on my Razr? I have them checked on my Outlook's on all my computers. Thanks!

Actually, you should go to the home screen of your phone, then select Menu, then Settings, then Accounts. Then select the email account you're concerned about. Once on that screen, select Other settings, and on that screen is a checkbox that allows you to have emails you delete on the phone also be deleted from the server. If that box is checked, there's your problem. Otherwise it's something else causing your symptoms.

It also allows you to specify how long of a timeframe in messages your phone will keep before flushing out the old to make room for the new. I have mine set to 2 months because I often have to refer back to old emails to obtain copies of documents and such for my clients.

It may be that once they're marked as "read" on your phone, and while your home computer is off, the server sees them as having been read and therefore your home PC's email client doesn't try to download them simply because it sees them as already having been received as indicated by the server. There may be an option to download only NEW emails on the home PC's client, versus ALL emails. Make sure you have ALL selected.

;)

Last edited:
OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but when I go to the Accounts screen, there's not an "other settings" to click on. I use Bellsouth/Yahoo BTW.

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
I have several computers at home. The one I leave on get's all the emails. The others that I leave off, don't get the one's I've deleted on my phone when I turn them on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for the reply but when I go to the Accounts screen, there's not an "other settings" to click on. I use Bellsouth/Yahoo BTW.

You first have to select the account you are looking to make changes to. For instance your email account. THEN you'll see the Other (see below)...

View attachment 48321

And then you'll see this screen with the checkbox:

View attachment 48322

Last edited:
OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
When I go to Menu, Setttings, Accounts, I get:

My Accounts:
Phone
Facebook
Google
Yahoo

Add Account

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When I go to Menu, Setttings, Accounts, I get:

My Accounts:
Phone
Facebook
Google
Yahoo

Add Account

OK, so you don't see the account you are trying to make a change to? What type of email account is it, gmail or pop3 email?

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Yes I do see the account, Yahoo.

It has:
Email address: [email protected]
Password:
Show Password
Account Name
Nick Name
Update the services to display and sync
Email - an unhighlighted checkmark.

I do remember seeing that 1st screenshot that you displayed on my Droid X.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry, I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Yes I do see the account, Yahoo.

It has:
Email address: [email protected]
Password:
Show Password
Account Name
Nick Name
Update the services to display and sync
Email - an unhighlighted checkmark.

I do remember seeing that 1st screenshot that you displayed on my Droid X.

OK, so now that I know it's Yahoo, let me do some quick investigation...stand by...

OP
R

rastaman

Reaction score
When I setup my Droid X, i used an "email account" that looked like a red and white stamp with an @ on it. On the Razr, I clicked on the Yahoo account - which I don't see in "Set Up Accounts". Did I set it up wrong?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When I setup my Droid X, i used an "email account" that looked like a red and white stamp with an @ on it. On the Razr, I clicked on the Yahoo account - which I don't see in "Set Up Accounts". Did I set it up wrong?

Ok, there are several ways to get to your Yahoo email account. There is the built-in Yahoo account which is accessed by Menu, Settings, Accounts, Add account, Email Accounts, Yahoo. This one doesn't give you the ability to preserve email on the server (assuming this is what is happening).

Then there's the ability to download the official Yahoo mail client from the Market (or as they now call it...Play Store - YUCH!), and unfortunately that also doesn't have the option you're looking for, but it DOES give MUCH BETTER control of your Yahoo account and actually lets you get to all your custom folders. It's VERY nice.

Then there's the ability to download any number of 3rd party POP3 email clients. I personally prefer K9 Email. It will allow all sorts of customization including preserving emails on the server. This can be found in Menu, More, Settings, Account Settings, Fetching mail, "When I delete a message".

I am sure there are others, and again if that (deleting) is the problem, K9 or the others will solve.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Holy crap, FoxKat, clean up your notification bar!

Sliced from my RAZR

You scared the bejeezers out of me...I quick looked to see what kind of incriminating or obscene information was displayed!! :icon_eek: (LOL!)

You're too funny! :rofl3: