Deleting Emails from Charge?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by lafdbuf, Jul 9, 2011.

1. lafdbuf

lafdbuf New Member

Does deleting an email from a charge phone also delete the same email from an online account. I was told by verizon no, but 100 of my online yahoo emails are gone :(
    Anyone know???
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i would say yes, but im not positive for yahoo.
    for gmail its yes, you delete it, it goes into a deleted folder. @ some point i would assume its auto deleted permanently, to conserve space.
  3. djsbad

djsbad New Member

Also owning a droid charge, it doesn't make sense to me that the pop account setup would automatically delete the email from the servers as pop accounts would allow you the option when you set up the actual account on the charge to 'also delete from server'. If it automatically deletes it from the server as you delete it from your phone then this would be the same as setting up a .pop account as an imap account.

If you are looking to keep the emails on your server after deleting them from your phone, delete the existing account off of your phone, set up a new account with the same credentials using the '.POP' setting and on the screen where you set up your pop server information, make sure you have the box UNCHECKED next to where it says, 'also delete from server'. This will allow you to only delete the messages from your phone and keep those same emails on your server.

Hope this helped.
  4. rexd1976

rexd1976 New Member

Remove the account. Add new account. Select OTHER. Enter email address and password. DO NOT SELECT NEXT, this will AUTO configure your account. Instead, select MANUAL. This gives you the options to leave emails on the server and to set a check email frequency.
Search tags for this page

delete email account from samsung charge

delete email account on droid charge
deleting email folders from verizon samsung charge

deleting emails from samsung charge

how do i stop my droid charge from deleting emails from my s
how to delete email account droid charge
how to delete email account on droid charge samsung
how to set samsung charge emails not to delete
permanently delete hotmail account from samsung charge
remove email accounts samsung droid
samsung charge delete change gmail account