deleting email from gmail

ToddClark

Reaction score
On the phone, those of you who have used the blackberry, when you went to check your email, if you wanted to delete everything (without having to delete one at a time), you simply highlighted "delete prior" and everything was deleted at one time. For the life of me i cant find a way to do that on the Droid.

Any suggestions or tips?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't found an equivalent to Delete Prior. You can, however, check multiple messages and delete them.

snooze

Reaction score
For selecting more than one message you have to enable batch operations in the gmail settings

OP
ToddClark

ToddClark

Reaction score
hmmm.......i went to the settings, and every tab, and never saw anything about batch operations. :(

HeroNova

Reaction score
I found that still does not completely delete the emails from your phone. GMail places the deleted emails in a trash folder and they are still connected to your account. The way I delete them permantly is either go through the GMail app, go to labels, find the emails I just deleted and then delete them again; or I just sign on to my account through the computer and delete it through my GMail account.

Hostility6

Reaction score
I'm having the problem of deleting from inbox, then going to trash folder deleting there, then only to have them reload right back up in trash every time! Only option I found to work is to log on acct on computer and delete trash folder there.

JimmyD

Reaction score
hmmm.......i went to the settings, and every tab, and never saw anything about batch operations. :(

Are you checking on your PC or on your Droid?

On your Droid, go into the GMail application. Next, tap on the menu button, then tap on the Settings button.

Batch operations is the 3rd option down from the top. Make sure this has a green check mark to enable the feature.