deleting email at cell phone end

jhy001

Reaction score
I am new to smart phones. Empirically, I have found that deleting emails on my Droid X only deletes them on the Droid X, and never on the email server. Can I count on that? (or is it another artifact that something is not working correctly on my Droid X?). I'm happy with how it is, but need to not be surprised if it changes for some reason.

Thanks!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the stock email client and I strongly urge you to use any other email client because the stock one is buggy. I use k9 which is free from the market. If you check "delete from server when I delete on phone" then it will delete. Uncheck for no delete.

rolandct

Reaction score
I am new to smart phones. Empirically, I have found that deleting emails on my Droid X only deletes them on the Droid X, and never on the email server. Can I count on that? (or is it another artifact that something is not working correctly on my Droid X?). I'm happy with how it is, but need to not be surprised if it changes for some reason.

Thanks!

If you are using POP3 that is by design, you do have an option however to remove messages from the server after they are delivered to your phone.

For ActiveSync (Exchange or gmail) or IMAP your email should stay in sync. If you are using either one of these and that's not happening it is a settings issue.