Deleting Browser Cache

b3pe

Reaction score
Hi, I'm b3pe. I started using computers when that involved putting the Western Electric telephone handset in the cradle and feeding the paper tape into the reader. It's hard to stay current with so many platforms, protocols, and languages around, but I hope to make the most of my Droid.
Is app killer really the only way to be sure private data used during browser sessions is cleared from memory?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know that it is the ONLY way and I'm not sure that it IS a way. Perhaps app killer only marks memory as available instead of clearing it???

At any rate I am personally not concerned with privacy of stuff in memory because I trust that 1) google has my back 2) none of the apps I've installed would try to exploit an Android security bug.

OP
B

b3pe

Reaction score
Thanks, aminaked...

Can I take your reply to mean that Google screens apps acquired through the market for malicious code?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I take your reply to mean that Google screens apps acquired through the market for malicious code?

The $64000 question. They probably have some screening but a few months ago a fraudulent bank app got in. As for non-phishing malicious code, I don't know that they can scan for it as there are no known holes in Android. (Right?) I usually don't use my droid to buy things or access financial accounts so I'm not too worried. I tend to think that my phone is safer than my windows desktop though.