Reaction score
Are you rooted?

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh ok, no worries. Are you wanting to remove the preinstalled apps? If so, you must be rooted to do that :)

OP
O

oodie81

Reaction score
Added Apps

No, just apps I added when I first got the phone and was bored.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh ok. Just go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, select the app(s) you want to uninstall, and select Uninstall

OP
O

oodie81

Reaction score
Thanks!!!!

Who's awesome??? YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!dancedroid

derh2o

Reaction score
I am trying to delete unused apps. I go to Settings/Apps. As an example, there is an app called NFL Mobile which I would never use, and never installed myself. When I click on it, my option is "Uninstall Updates". I don't want to uninstall updates, i want to uninstall the app itself. The phone then asks me if i want to "replace this app with the factory version"? Again, how do i simple remove apps like this i don't want? Thanks in advance for any help.

aarong03

Reaction score
I am trying to delete unused apps. I go to Settings/Apps. As an example, there is an app called NFL Mobile which I would never use, and never installed myself. When I click on it, my option is "Uninstall Updates". I don't want to uninstall updates, i want to uninstall the app itself. The phone then asks me if i want to "replace this app with the factory version"? Again, how do i simple remove apps like this i don't want? Thanks in advance for any help.

If you delete a preinstalled app it may cause problems with performance of the phone. All you need to do is disable the app. Disabling an app removes it from your app list and you not get update notifications for an app that had been disabled. Only way of deleting an app is to root your phone. I'm not sure if you're rooted. But the same applies with preinstallled or system apps.

derh2o

Reaction score
No, i am not rooted. I don't see an option for "disable" either. Perhaps i need help understanding how to do that instead of deleting the app.

aarong03

Reaction score
No, i am not rooted. I don't see an option for "disable" either. Perhaps i need help understanding how to do that instead of deleting the app.
I'm not sure why you can not see disable? I just checked mine and I can see on some apps(system apps) has disable button. On home screen hit menu, manage apps, and you should see all the apps on your phone. You should be able to select and app and it will open and from there you can uninstall disable the app. Your system apps are the only ones you can disable. All other apps are ones you installed and have to uninstall to get rid of them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
To disable the app, first uninstall updates. Once the updates are uninstalled you will be given the option to disable. NFL is one of them that allows you to disable. Should work fine once you uninstall the updates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
derh,

Are you rooted? If so you can use an app like ROM Toolbox Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro) to "Freeze" the apps. This is a pretty safe, but you still want to make sure you don't freeze certain system apps, or you could end up making your phone unbootable. You're welcome to ask about any apps you are curious about here. Hope this helps. I will post a screenshot of the "Freeze" option, just so you can see it.

- Mandy

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367263352517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367263352517.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 511