deleting an email account off the phone

chrissie75

Reaction score
Is this possible? I got my droid a few months back and set up my email account on my phone, that email is nothing but spam now and i want to delete the account completely off my phone. Does anyone know how to do this? I have searched all thru my phone and just cant figure it out, lol....

harrellj

Reaction score
You'd have to do a factory reset to clear it off the phone. However! If you paid for any apps under that account, they don't transfer to other accounts. The phone is capable of handling multiple email accounts, so its not like its necessary to remove it.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@chrissie75: :welcome: to droidforums. If the email account you want to remove is the gmail account that all your settings and apps are tied to, then it's really too bad. IMHO, gmail does a pretty good job of blocking spam, but if you use that account to sign up for too many things and/or not pay close enough attention to where you use it, then the fault _may_ be yours.

However, all may not be lost. I am sure if you log into your gmail account via a pc, you _might_ be able to either systematically block all the spam and/or find a way through their help system to set up a clean account and re-assign all your android/phone stuff to that account.

Now if the account isn't your gmail account that's required for Android, then just delete the thing and don't look back!

good luck