deletes apps when mounted as disk drive

tomnat

Reaction score
When I plug my phone into the computer via the USB cable and choose the "mount as disk drive" option everything works fine as far as being able to transfer files and such, but as soon as I choose that option and press done my apps get deleted. They end up with the little android dude on my home screen in place of my app icon. I go to settings, then manage applications and they are just gone. These are apps that I have moved to my SD card if that makes any difference. I don't think it should, but....... Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tom

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any apps loaded on your SD card will be unavailable when you mount the phone as a disk drive.

OP
T

tomnat

Reaction score
that makes sense, but when I unplug from the computer, they are gone. It's weird. I use the app "app 2 SD" to move apps from my phone to my SD card because I have been a victim of the "phone storage too low" problem, and even though that didn't work and I had to do a hard reset I still figured I would put my apps on the card. Maybe I really don't need to do that because after an experiment, it looks like the apps that I keep on my phone, don't get deleted. Only the ones that I moved to my card using "app s SD". Isn't it weird that it would delete apps from my card? "manage applications" doesn't see them on my card nor does "App 2 SD" when I re-install it.

Last edited: