Deleted settings app? Droid Incredible 2

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Elias, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Elias

Elias New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was deleting apps through my settings app and deleted a random app i didnt need and i was kicked out of my settings app and it was removed from my app list and when i try to access it through my home menu button it says that app isnt installed. Also sometimes i have service and my phone works then it wont send a message until i restart it.

2. BadCompany

BadCompany New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the exact same problem. I was trying to delete an old app when I was suddenly booted out of the application manager. My phone went to the HTC screen for a few seconds, and when I attempted to open the settings menu again I received the message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone". I can't seem to find a way to get it back.

3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    S4
    The answer isn't a good one, but it is the known fix. A factory data reset is in order. You will need power off the phone. Press down on the volume button and hold it in. Press the power button and turn the phone back on. This gets you to the bootloader. When you get there, use the volume button to scroll to "factory data reset". After you do this and you get back to the original screen, scroll to and select reboot. You should have your settings app back. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

Search tags for this page
android settings deleted
deleted settings app android
deleted settings on android

droid incredible 2 settings deleted

how do i remove apps from my droid incredible 2
how to get settings back on android
how to get the settings back on my htc droid incedible 2
i deleted android settings
i deleted settings on android
setting app delete android