Deleted ringtones

cDROIDh

Reaction score
I have googled and found nothing i deleted ringtones there still showing on phone but wont play them through handcent i uninstalled handcent then you click on them it goes droid on every one of them i formated sd card, downloaded rescan media apps and rebooted phone and still shows any help plz annoying. :mad:

Droid Razr Maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard :)

OP
C

cDROIDh

Reaction score
Thanks
With Wi-Fi File Explorer see my assigned ringtones doesn't work and googled it said to put them on internal so i used it to move them from sdcard-ext to sdcard and it made double copys says like "Copy of (name of ringtone) so i went and deleted them with Wi-Fi file explorer and they still show then i did all that i said above with usb, and they still show. Assigned ringtones still dont work says there assigned but when they call it uses default ringtone

Last edited:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure if a FDR will replace ringtones that have been deleted ... especially if you deleted them out of the system.

Someone else will need to chime in to be certain whether it will or won't replace the ringtones you deleted... :)

OP
C

cDROIDh

Reaction score
i deleted them out of the system but some reason they still show and handcent wont do nothing when you click on them but the android system when it shows them you click on one it just goes DROID but there not there i looked and had computer to search for a couple and its not showing them actually being anywhere on the phone. I dont know if it matter but its ICS unrooted System version 6.16.211 Android Version 4.0.4

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I said I don't know if a FDR will replace them or not ... otherwise your only choice will be to manually put them back into the system.

Just curious why you deleted the ringtones?

OP
C

cDROIDh

Reaction score
i went to move them and didn't know exactly how in wi fi explorer pro but i knew it could and put them in the same folder by accident so it named them copy of "______" and i deleted the copys and moved them to where i wanted and the copys still show. Its not the system ringtones its just reg ringtones i had.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh ok, if they are not system ringtones, you might just have to download them from wherever you originally got them from. I thought you meant the built in system ringtones :)

OP
C

cDROIDh

Reaction score
Oh no i wouldn't do that it was some i had i really meant to delete them but the phone is still showing them i even deleted the folder which supposedly contained them and put ringtones back in it and still shows the deleted ones but wont play them

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh no i wouldn't do that it was some i had i really meant to delete them but the phone is still showing them i even deleted the folder which supposedly contained them and put ringtones back in it and still shows the deleted ones but wont play them

Have you tried the "My Files" app in your phone? Sounds like it could be the app you used to delete them ... but I'm not sure, never used that app.

OP
C

cDROIDh

Reaction score
i tried a file explorer on phone and it doesn't show one, trying a factory reset bad as i hated to its doing it now

Last edited: