Deleted OS...I Think

Fenther586

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oneplus One
Ok (I hope I am posting this to the correct place please tell me if I am not) I have screwed up my rooted Oneplus One by accidentally allowing it to update the system while rooted.

Just now it is at the twrp recovery screen where I have (on the advice of a friend) using adb sidload put across cm12 in zip SuperSU zip xposedinstaller zip and xposed apk. However for each of the zips it went through fine on the computer but on my phone it would say MD5 file not found and would say failed at the top of the screen. After the sideload thing had completed and it gave me the option to reboot and I would try to reboot it would warn me that there was no OS installed.

At this point I have no idea whether what i am doing is fixing my phone or not so any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Do you have a backup?

Did you verify the md5 on your computer? Id try downloading it again with the Gapps & make sure it's from Cyanogen. Then I'd flash the rom & gapps before Xposed. Once everything is fine then go back & install Xposed

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
F

Fenther586

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oneplus One
All my important data is backed up so I dont really mind loosing it but would like to avoid it if possible. As far as I can tell the problem is its not installing cm for some reason with the sideload and it's not letting me push the zip on for some reason to do it manually whenever I type the push command it just give me a list of all the different commands

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used to have an issue with sideload in that it would show as connected via TWRP, but not via Device Manager in Windows.

Have you double and triple checked the drivers installed correctly via Device Manager?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Exactly what Urban said. You really have to try to brick a device. A few times my Nexus I thought almost met that fate, but it was easy to recover once I made sure drivers were uninstalled.

When uninstalling, make sure to restart after every uninstall, and when reinstalling drivers, make sure to restart after every reinstall. For some reason drivers can be real finicky with that.

OP
F

Fenther586

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oneplus One
OK guys thanks for all your help. I finally fixed it :)