Deleted my phone icon

Christy35

Reaction score
I pushed my phone icon into my trash can in order to move around stuff on my homepage. I can't find it in my apps, how do I get it back?

Loving my GSIII

Kewzee

Reaction score
Christy35 said:
I pushed my phone icon into my trash can in order to move around stuff on my homepage. I can't find it in my apps, how do I get it back?

Loving my GSIII

Have you tried to go into your apps menu and hitting the menu button then selecting 'show hidden applications'? Then un-hiding the app?

OP
C

Christy35

Reaction score
I don't have any setting in my apps except if I want to see them in grid or list. I remember that setting tho but I'm pretty sure I don't have any apps hidden. ?

Loving my GSIII

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You should be able to go into your app drawer, find your phone icon and transfer it to your home page. To do that long press on the icon once you find it and other options should show up. I use Go Launcher so I can just long press and slide my icon down to the bottom of the screen onto the whatever home screen I want. With stock Sense I just long press on the icon and it automatically goes to whatever home screen I last had open. Your S3 should work in somewhat the same way.

OP
C

Christy35

Reaction score
The phone icon is not in my apps. I'm completely confused! I know where it's supposed to be and how to get it to my screen but it's not there! Ugh!

Loving my GSIII

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I know you said you looked, but just to be clear cause you didn't mention this, but I'm pretty sure it's listed under "Dialer," not "Phone."

OP
C

Christy35

Reaction score
Thanks but no dialer, just checked. I'd hate to go into verizon, they know nothing compared to the forums. :-(

Loving my GSIII

JRParsons

Reaction score
It's called "phone" and it should be in the app draw. It is on my gs3. If it's definitely not in the app drawer, than a factory reset should bring it back. Verizon is going to have you try the factory reset if you call them.

diver265

Reaction score
Go to app drawer, hit menu button, and hit show hidden applications. Should see it then.

OP
C

Christy35

Reaction score
Oh thank God! After changing the way I view my apps, to customizable, I was able to get the full menu. It was in the hidden apps!
Thanks for the help everyone!

Loving my GSIII

kstavert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Twitter
KarenStavert
I have this challenge, too..

I followed your directions and found the phone icon
in the apps drawer... and that's the only place I can
see it.

How do I get it from the apps drawer to my desktop?

Thank you

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have this challenge, too..

I followed your directions and found the phone icon
in the apps drawer... and that's the only place I can
see it.

How do I get it from the apps drawer to my desktop?

Thank you
Welcome to the Forum. If you can see the app in your app drawer you should be able to just press & hold and drag it to an open area on your Home screen.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk