Deleted emails keep coming back

Krenzy

Reaction score
This happened before and after my FDR, but anywhere from 50 to 100 emails I delete keep coming back as new. It's in my hotmail email icon. How can I stop this?

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
I'd really appreciate some help with this. It keeps happening, and in the past hour I've gotten two emails from July 2nd in my inbox as new. I read them on the 2nd and deleted them. I even deleted ALL email in my inbox and Trash...still happening. Please help!

AnnDee

Reaction score
Me, too. I only have gmail because it's required for the phone. But I email stuff from my "real" account to the gmail because I want to use that information elsewhere (things like a shopping list, my grocery e-coupons, and my Google subscription articles). All that stuff winds up in the same folder from me. I delete them when I've used/read them, but there they are the next time I send something to myself. It's getting to be a real bore to flip through all those emails to get to what I want. I might not mind as much if they put the most recent at the top.

I am concerned that there were NO responses to several of the posts I read trying to find the right one for this topic. This seems to be a common problem, so I'm hoping for a solution to this that doesn't involve "stop sending emails to your gmail account!"

jaye712

Reaction score
I thought it was a normal thing but this been happening to me since day one frm what i remember.guess it is a problem, always wondered why it did that tho

DROID RAZR/ICS215

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I looked under the settings tab for Gmail. Make sure sync in on. Otherwise, log on go your Gmail account from a computer and check settings there. If that doesn't fix it, I am stumped.

SallyC

Reaction score
This happened before and after my FDR, but anywhere from 50 to 100 emails I delete keep coming back as new. It's in my hotmail email icon. How can I stop this?

I don't use hotmail so I can't give any personal help, but here's some info from Motorola's site assuming you are on ICS. Otherwise go here.

Adding a Hotmail Account using Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  1. From the home screen touch
    spdrjpn13.png
    > Settings > Accounts & Sync
  2. Tap Add Account > Email
    icsicon27.png
  3. Select Windows Live Hotmail to add.If you would like to manually set up your account, touch Other from the email accounts screen.
    icsicon28.png
  4. Enter the username and password. Your email account will be able to set up automatically.
    • If you are unsuccessful with setting up your account automatically, touch Other from the email accounts, enter your email address and password and touch Manual Set up.
      icsicon30.png

Select POP3
      icsicon29.png
  5. Use the following settings:

Username: Enter / Confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com)
    Password: Enter / Confirm your Hotmail Password
    POP3 server: pop3.live.com
    Port: Enter Port 995
    Security type: SSL/TLS
    Authentication Method: Auto
    Touch Next.

SMTP server: smtp.live.com
    Port: Enter Port - 587 (or 25 when Non-Wi-Fi)
    Security type: STARTTLS
    Authentication Method: Auto
    Touch Next and select the desired Inbox checking frequency

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I had been having the same problems with my hotmail. Somewhere a while back I read about using these settings and it has worked for me ever since. Set it up as exchange mail...

Incoming:
Username: \[email protected] (or @live.com)... the backward slash is important.
server: m.hotmail.com
port: 443
check SSL use secure connection

Outgoing:
SMTP server: m.hotmail.com
port: 587
security type: None
require sign-in: checked

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nice find Tis, good morning by the way.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi Syd! Good morning to you, my rooting-updating guru! Along with Matty, of course (but he is wanting to talk smack about me, so you get the good morning first, rofl!)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hi Syd! Good morning to you, my rooting-updating guru! Along with Matty, of course (but he is wanting to talk smack about me, so you get the good morning first, rofl!)

You will get no lip from me :)