Deleted email account, now it won't let me put it back

eshef

Reaction score
I have two aol accounts. When I got my RAZR last weekend, I set them both up in email. For reasons which escape me, but seemed adequate at the time :icon_rolleyes: , I deleted one of these accounts from My Accounts. Then I realized I did want it, but when I try to add it, a message pops up saying You have already added this account. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to show up anywhere - not even in Unified Messages - and the emails are not coming through. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Oaklands

Reaction score
I don't use the stock email app. Try installing another program and see what happens when you set it up. One thing you can try is to go into settings>applications and try to clear the datafor the stock email app. You will have to setup all your accounts but that may fix it for you.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
I tried settings>applications, clearing data for email and then for My Accounts, but nothing changed - even though it said all data, files, settings, etc would be deleted. IT LIED :icon_evil: . Guess I'll have to try another email app. Thanks anyway.

Terminadora

Reaction score
I did the same with my other gmail and i still can't re-add it. Annoying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Funny thing about that. I had to uninstall my AOL account and when I did, poof, there popped up the other account! So when I added the other account back in I made one AOL and the other AOL1 so now I can find both of them.:happy3:

Wopback

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Unfortunately, the only fix I found was a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jdmcwill

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Finally found the solution (for those who have a verizon account) with the link below. Basically it has you signing onto the My Verizon website then to My Messaging -View All, then Manage My Inbox followed by Settings and Sync Points. You then have the option of Removing the Sync Point (Account) from the server. Once this is done you can add the deleted account back on your phone. The account must be deleted from the server and your phone prior to replacing the account. Other providers may have similar procedures.

Droid RAZR: Fix “You have already added this email account” Error