Deleted contacts system file

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joe3292003, Jan 28, 2011.

1. joe3292003

joe3292003 New Member

Hi all,

Did a n00b thing and never backed up my phone after rooting with z4. I was using Titanium backup to remove bloatware and got going pretty fast. next thing I know I deleted the com.motorola.contact system file....fml.

I'm kinda new to the whole rooting thing and was wondering if it was possible just to reinstall that one file or if I could reinstall the whole OS.
    Also the phone has been having framework errors after I deleted the contacts system file. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

ouch...that sucks. you really should've backed up once you rooted...I know that's exactly what you wanted to hear right? ;)

You could always try to restore the file from a D2 system dump and see if you can pull it form that. You can try to put it back in the right place by using adb or root explorer.

Otherwise you might be looking at an SBF and a re-root. It's not that bad as it sounds since you've already gone through it once :)

...one thing: where was that file? what directory? if it was from /system then a ROM flash could fix it...
  3. joe3292003

joe3292003 New Member

Not sure what directory it was in.....it was just listed under Ti backup. I think I'm gonna go with the fresh 2.3 OTA update off of www.drewgaren.com. But I'm not entirly sure how to impement it. I was reading up on clockwork but not sure on the steps to do this whole thing. BTW I backed up all my apps with Ti Backup lol.

I can't even add new contacts or download through marketplace without framework errors.

Appreciate all the help vuarnet.
  4. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

You can give that a shot -- not 100% sure what that replaces but if the file was in a directory that isn't replaced by the update.zip then a full sbf might be the only fix.

If you need to go that route, you can get everything you need from google-ing "tbh triple threat Droid 2" and look for the thread by p3droid

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
deleted contacts on android ics how to reinstalls
how to get deleted system files on droid x
how to pull deleted contacts from droid backup file
how to recover/restore recently deleted contacts on android
how to restore deleted contacts from android system
how to retrieve deleted contacts on droid incredible
i accidentally deleted a contact on my droid and cannot find

i accidentally deleted contacts storage system file

recovering contacts on android file system