deleted camera folder

wendypie

Reaction score
Hello! I just did the dumbest thing. I connected my Droid X to the pc (win7) via USB, went to the photos, and instead of deleting a photo I seem to have deleted the entire Camera folder. A friend said I'll have to reset the phone, losing all the apps etc, but I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks for your help!!

justinnine

Reaction score
I don't know if this suggestion will help but did you look in the trash folder on the desktop to see if it is on there? If it is you can do a undo on that folder. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
W

wendypie

Reaction score
Hi, thanks but there is no Camera folder in the bin. Damn.

pool_shark

Reaction score
What does your friend expect resetting the phone to accomplish?

It won't restore the photos.

OP
W

wendypie

Reaction score
camera folder

He says it will restore the Camera folder, and he did say it won't restore the photos. SO, will it restore the camera folder??

What does your friend expect resetting the phone to accomplish?

It won't restore the photos.

pool_shark

Reaction score
You can use the files app that comes with the device to create the folder. Don't take any more advice from your friend.

OP
W

wendypie

Reaction score
Haha!! It seemed so extreme, which is why I didn't go ahead and reset the dang thing. I just got off the phone with Verizon tech, and it turned out that just by taking some new photos, the phone created a new Camera folder all on its own. I'm so excited. Thanks for your time!

--Wendy

You can use the files app that comes with the device to create the folder. Don't take any more advice from your friend.