Delete Primary Sync Account?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bballhermit, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bballhermit

bballhermit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently created a new, more professional name, Google account. I have transferred all of my data that I want to keep over to my new one. How do I delete my old Google sync account from my rooted BB0.6.2.1 Moto Droid? It says I need to factory reset to delete it as it is the primary one. I have my new one added as an account fine, but I want to delete the old one. However, I really want to avoid the hassle of a complete reset and set-up again. Is there a file somewhere I can delete and then just re-link the sync accounts that I want? Thanks.

2. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Use titanium backup, do the wipe, titanium restore (reboot), and done

3. bballhermit

bballhermit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That is what I tried to do, but it somehow restored my account settings. Is there an item or multiple items in TiBU that I do not want to restore? If so, what are they? Thanks.

4. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you can't remove it by going to your settings then you will have to wipe. Go into rom settings and back up your apps. If you back up info or data and then restore them it will also restore your gmail.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Titanium lets you chose what to restore,... just dont select system settings associated with an account.

6. bballhermit

bballhermit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    got. it. thanks. it worked.

7. DTdr2

DTdr2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bballhermit, I'm a newbie here and have been searching everywhere for what you just accomplished. Seems to be a major issue and bug that needs fixing. I tried following the steps above, but didn't have any luck. Would you mind providing me the detailed steps you used? I am rooted, have TiBU, & Droid X.
    Thanks

8. bballhermit

bballhermit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, just back everything up with Titanium Backup, then wipe, install the rom, then restore most everything except system settings.

9. DTdr2

DTdr2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how to back up using TiBU. I've been doing all of my back ups via Bootstrap > TiBU (in TiBU, hm key > batch files > "run" Backup all user apps + system data) which places everything in clockworkmod folder. The only time I've re-installed was again using Bootstrap. I do use TiBU to run nightly backups, but am lost on how to restore. Can you provide me more detailed steps please.
    Thanks.

Search tags for this page
delete google sync account
how to delete a synced account on android
how to delete sync account android
how to delete sync account in android
how to remove google sync account
how to remove sync account android
how to remove sync account from android
how to remove sync account in android
remove account sync android

remove sync account android