delete address history ??? ,how??/

Llyne

Reaction score
so I would like to delete all stored emaial adresses under the Manage address History, under email settings, cant find the delete, delete all options...please help.... i have hundreds....

spiritedelk

Reaction score
Motorola cannot even remedy!

Did you ever find a remedy? This was my posting yesterday. I cannot figure out why every single email address saves like a database. Hope my post describes:

Droid X – version 2.3.3 saving database of Yahoo email addresses!

Issue:
Click on Yahoo mail app/tap
Click on Menu
Click on Email settings
Scroll down to “Manage address history”

There I find every complete email address which I have received of my Yahoo account along with each and every email address the sender has attached for forwarding. (At times 20-40) Additionally, all addresses from the Bulk file as well as some spam that slipped into my inbox that I manually blocked. These emails in a week’s time become countless. The only option to rid of them is to delete each one, one by one. You cannot delete in bulk. Keep in mind, these addresses are kept after they are delete both on the server and the Droid X. What is the purpose of this saved data base? One can only speculate. Verizon and their tech support has no know fix or remedy, nor does Motorola at the first two levels of tech support. Any help would be appreciated on how to avoid the keeping of this database.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Have you tried the app '1TapCleaner'? Its a free app in the market that gives the capability of clearing application's cache and/or history. It's great.

spiritedelk

Reaction score
Thanks for your tip . . . but

No, haven't tried any cleaner apps. If one hasn't learned yet, using BlackBerry apps, Droid apps, Facebook apps, etc. one is guaranteed to be flooded with spam on a daily basis. Remember, Nothing comes free without a price. My PC spam increased by 99% after using apps. The remedy from that is to change your ISP. My delima now is why Motorola and or Yahoo has to store ALL emails (including spam addresses) on the phone? It's like you trashing junk snail mail at home, burning it in the fireplace and later finding it hidden in your home somewhere. I am taking my issue this weekend to a nationaly syndicated radio talk show, KFI-640 am, in Los Angeles. Heard by over a million people, the host Leo Laporte will have a valid reply.
Leo Laporte - KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you really hawking a radio show on here?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spiritedelk

Reaction score
Follow-up

No . . . but with the lack of product tech knowledge Verizon and Motorola offers at their first echelon levels of support, this is certainly an area where one can receive postive feedback. This goes for the wasted hours and days people spend with poor customer service support like Dell, HP and other support companies to say the least. With almost 29 years work experience of CS/tech support I have endured, today's lack of product knowledge is heard right across the telephone including the lack of a smile and enthusiasm. I am confident that most reading this can relate. By the way, thank you for your reply.

leorob

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 with the Yahoo Mail App.
I don't see any of the menu choices you mention.
I have Yahoo Mail App version 1.3.6 downloaded from the Android Market.

Please clarify for me what App you are talking about.

spiritedelk

Reaction score
Spammers and Smart Phones . . . .

I used the "DROID X" default Yahoo mail app which is laid out within the phone's settings, along with the Gmail app. Why on earth would anyone want to download a Market app unecessarily, only to receive additional spam emails for using the app? NOTHING is free without a price. I spoke on air of this issue this week-end in Los Angeles. Heard nationally, it was suggested it was within the gmail settings. Nope . . . tried that . . . nothing! Now I am am received responses that many others are finding the same issue. Nevertheless, cages were rattled. From social networking apps to all smart phones . . . . what a scam with spam ! ! !

leorob

Reaction score
I heard you on the radio and immediately went to my Droid X2 to check out your report but there is no such Yahoo Mail App.
There is the universal mail app included with the phone that I have set up with my Yahoo Account. I do not find any of the issues you mentioned with this app.

I also (being a newbie) downloaded the Yahoo Mail App from the market and don't find the issue there either.

Are you saying that on your phone there is a native (factory installed) Yahoo Mail App?

spiritedelk

Reaction score
Yes, the DROID 2 and DROID X may be differnet. Go to Settings, Accounts and Add account.There, their is Backup Assistant, Corporate Sync, Email, Facebook, Flickr, Google, Linkedin, MySpace, Photobucket,, Picasa (Gallery), Twitter, Visual Voice Mail, Yahoo! Mail and YouTube (Gallery) apps. The Yahoo! Mail app that apprears, before installing it fresh shows the original Yahoo logo. After installing it, it identifys itself with an @ sign coming out of an envelope. The gmail logo changes to a big capital "M" coming out of an envelope. Does that help? If yours is differnet, it is likely they changed it around. By the way, I just uninstall and reinstalled the Yahoo app just to rid of the 100 plus saved emails again. Checked on the settings again in "Manage address history" and there they are . . . Droids "[email protected] as the latest saved and others that were sitting in my Inbox. Remember, I delete them from Yahoo, my DROID and they remain. Motorola Yahoo (AT&T), and Verizon . . . all play stupid and all they do is apologize over and over and over again, and state they will help me with my issue. The fact of the matter is, they will transfer you 2-3 times, or convieniently disconnect, or state it is not the an issue with them!

ad6174

Reaction score
frustrated with auto "manage address history" email

No . . . but with the lack of product tech knowledge Verizon and Motorola offers at their first echelon levels of support, this is certainly an area where one can receive postive feedback. This goes for the wasted hours and days people spend with poor customer service support like Dell, HP and other support companies to say the least. With almost 29 years work experience of CS/tech support I have endured, today's lack of product knowledge is heard right across the telephone including the lack of a smile and enthusiasm. I am confident that most reading this can relate. By the way, thank you for your reply.

I have a Droid X2. I use a Corporate Sync account for email. I, too, am frustrated that every email address that isn't in my Contacts lists gets added to the Manage Address History database. Even more frustrating is that there's no Select All and Delete option. On a daily basis I have to delete each one manually. It's hard for me to believe that there isn't a setting somewhere that would fix this. It's very, very, very frustrating. Othewise, I like the Driod very much.

ad6174

Reaction score
did you find a solution?

Did you ever find a remedy? This was my posting yesterday. I cannot figure out why every single email address saves like a database. Hope my post describes:

Droid X – version 2.3.3 saving database of Yahoo email addresses!

Issue:
Click on Yahoo mail app/tap
Click on Menu
Click on Email settings
Scroll down to “Manage address history”

There I find every complete email address which I have received of my Yahoo account along with each and every email address the sender has attached for forwarding. (At times 20-40) Additionally, all addresses from the Bulk file as well as some spam that slipped into my inbox that I manually blocked. These emails in a week’s time become countless. The only option to rid of them is to delete each one, one by one. You cannot delete in bulk. Keep in mind, these addresses are kept after they are delete both on the server and the Droid X. What is the purpose of this saved data base? One can only speculate. Verizon and their tech support has no know fix or remedy, nor does Motorola at the first two levels of tech support. Any help would be appreciated on how to avoid the keeping of this database.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm using a Corporate Sync account and have the same problem.

sh0ckingphone

Reaction score
Did anyone ever come up with a way to delete email addresses in history that come up as suggestions as you enter an address?
I am using the stock app on the incredible.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

sh0ckingphone

Reaction score
Thank you Wizzy. I just hate things in cache that are spelled wrong.

Sent from my Droid Incredible